Employers back young Britain with jobs pledge
- Summer looks bright for youths seeking jobs. McLellan III, Edward // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/30/94, Vol. 14 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the increase in summer jobs available to teenagers in New Orleans, Louisiana. Economic growth in residential construction, retail trade and summer camp which traditionally offer summer jobs; Increase by 400 in the jobs offered by retail businesses; Names of several firms and...
- Summer Youth Employment Program at Gloria Wise. // New York Amsterdam News;8/23/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 34, p31
Focuses on the success of summer youth employment program by Gloria Wise Boys and Girls Club in New York. Functions of the students in the program; Involvement of Michelle Bonet-Ingrao as the guidance counselor of the participants; Comments of Charles Rosen, executive director of the club.
- LaGuardia Community College places 550 kids in summer jobs. // New York Amsterdam News;07/08/99, Vol. 90 Issue 28, p18
Reports on the LaGuardia Institute of Education, Training and Employment's participation in a summer youth employment program in New York, New York. New York City Department of Employment's sponsorship of the program; Placing of junior and high school students in paid on-campus jobs;...
- Summer Youth workers - and one intern. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p23
A photograph of participants in the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR) Summer Youth Employment Program is presented.
- Spots still open for youth who complete applications by June 9. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p21
The article reports that nine slots remain available for the summer work in the Tribe's Youth Employment Program, wherein applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Office at Nixyaawii Governance Center in Pendleton, Oregon until June 9, 2010.
- Don't let youth miss out on summer opportunities. Gregosky, Stephen J. // San Diego Business Journal;4/22/96, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p46
Opinion. Comments on cuts to the federally funded Hire-A-Youth program, which provides summer jobs for youths in San Diego, California. Benefits of the program to youths; Affect of the cuts to the program; San Diego's civic leaders' fight to keep the program; Implementation of an alternative...
- City youth summer jobs program bolsters training, coordination. WELCH, SHERRI // Crain's Detroit Business;2/2/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p7
The article offers information on the Grow Detroit's Young Talent summer employment program which aims to provide work readiness training and job opportunities to the youth in Detroit, Michigan.
- Bupa develops global social media strategy. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;7/1/2010, p03
The article states that British private healthcare giant Bupa is developing a centralised global social media strategy aimed at boosting brand identity worldwide.
- The Importance of Summer Jobs. // BusinessWest;5/23/2011, p12
The author reflects on the importance of summer jobs to young people in Massachusetts.