Social norms and general sexual satisfaction: The cost of misperceived descriptive norms
- Difficulties With sexual functioning in a sample of male and female late adolescent and young adult university students. O'Sullivan, Lucia F.; Majerovich, Joann // Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality;2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p109
Despite the considerable research attention given to sexual health outcomes such as sexually transmitted infections and unwanted pregnancies among youth, little is known about either the positive or problematic aspects of sexual functioning in late adolescence and early young adulthood. The...
- WHY IS SEX FUN? NICHOLLS, JENNY // North & South;Oct2015, Issue 355, p88
The article presents the author's views regarding the aspect of human sexuality. The author examines on the phallocarp, a conspicuous erect pseudopenis which represents a man and amongst the most bizarre in the animal world. The author also emphasizes the constant recreational sex in private as...
- UNDERSTANDING YOUR PARTNER'S SEXUALITY. Bajpai, Suman // Woman's Era;Feb2013, Vol. 40 Issue 941, p58
The article offers tips for improving sex life by understanding the sexuality of the partner. It informs that the common reason behind sex conflicts in a relationship is that, sex and romance becomes a routine affair. It suggests that couples must try new things by adding creativity in order to...
- SEX OFFENSES: A SOCIOLOGICAL CRITIQUE. WHEELER, STANTON // Law & Contemporary Problems;Spring1960, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p258
The article offers information on the social norms and laws that deal with the adult sexual relationships in the U.S. It mentions that the Model Penal Code and the Wolfenden Report of the American Law Institute are influenced by the recommendations, related to sex offenders laws in England. It...
- sex with a stranger. Field, Genevieve // Glamour;Sep2009, Vol. 107 Issue 9, p274
This article focuses on the trend of women having sex with men that they meet on the Internet. The article explains that casual dating web sties are receiving more visits from users than traditional dating web sties. The article explains that some women seeking one night sexual experiences...
- Automatic and Deliberate Affective Associations with Sexual Stimuli in Women with Superficial Dyspareunia. Brauer, Marieke; de Jong, Peter J.; Huijding, Jorg; Laan, Ellen; ter Kuile, Moniek M. // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Aug2009, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p486
Current views suggest that in women with superficial dyspareunia the prospect of penileâ€“vaginal intercourse automatically activates fear-related associations. The automatic activation of negative associations is assumed to interfere with the development of sexual arousal. In turn, this...
- Synchronized Schwinging. Veilleux, Zachary // Men's Health;Dec2001, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p98
Presents several techniques and positions to improve timing and satisfaction during sexual intercourse. Focus on clitoral stimulation; Need to adjust the position of the partner's legs; Importance of oral sex.
- SEND HIM A SECRET SEXY MESSAGE. Miller, Korin // Cosmopolitan;Apr2010, Vol. 248 Issue 4, p178
The article focuses on coded messages related to sex that shows how excited a woman is in sexual intercourse.
- Men admit why they love foreplay. Katz, Jane // Cosmopolitan;May97, Vol. 222 Issue 5, p204
Presents information about the view of men on foreplay. Why men are considered rabid fans of prolonged precoital activities; Importance of woman's fulfillment on the part of a man; Favorite preliminaries of men on sex; More information. INSETS: How to prolong his passion.;Kiss and tell..