The Siege Of Africa
- Local. // Finance Week;11/1/2004, p7
This article presents information on recent financial developments in South Africa. Finance minister Trevor Manuel scrapped limits restricting South African companies from investing abroad. The measure, announced in his medium-term budget policy statement, is expected to help local companies...
- Country Conditions. // Political Risk Yearbook: South Africa Country Report;2010, Special section p1
The article presents a discussion about investments and trade in South Africa. The country is open to foreign investment which it sees as a driving force for growth, international competitiveness and direct access to international markets. Import controls have been removed while tariffs were...
- THE WEAKEST LINK. Johnson, Scott; MacGregor, Karen // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);3/16/2009 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 153 Issue 11, p30
The article discusses the state of the African economy, which benefits when the world economy is growing, but suffers when it stops. The article discusses the factors which may have downward effects on Africa's economy, which include falling commodity prices, falling endowments to Africa, and...
- Indian firms most transparent. // South Asian Post;7/14/2016, pSP17
No abstract available.
- Luring the investor. Siddiqi, Moin // African Business;Jan2001, Issue 261, p14
Focuses on the private foreign direct investment (FDI) market in Africa. Influx of FDI to developing countries; Industries where FDI are directed; Importance of quality FDI to raise the continent's economic growth; Potential investment destination in Africa; Aspects of the African economy that...
- Opportunities beckon in Africa. van der Walt, Douw // Finance Week;08/06/99, p53
Explores foreign investment opportunities in Africa. Reasons why Africa continue to attract less foreign direct investment than Singapore; Need to change foreign investors' negative perceptions of Africa; Need for African countries to increase the role of the private sector in their economies.
- Strategic Flexibility and International Venturing by Emerging Market Firms: The Moderating Effects of Institutional and Relational Factors. Heng Liu; Xu Jiang; Jianqi Zhang; Xinglu Zhao // Journal of International Marketing;Jun2013, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p79
Emerging market (EM) firms adopt international venturing strategies as they seek global opportunities, yet research to date has not fully explored the factors driving this phenomenon. Adopting the dynamic capability theory, this study investigates how strategic flexibility affects EM firms in...
- RECENT TRENDS IN FDI AND THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE. VAN GIFFEN, THOMAS // CESifo Forum;Summer2015, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on changes in global foreign direct investments (FDI) in 2014 and difficulties in achieving sustainable development. Topics discussed include reasons for decline in FDI such as flexibility in the global economy, graphs depicting inflows in FDI on various parameters such as...
- Introduction. Cozza, Claudio; Rabellotti, Roberta; Sanfilippo, Marco // BOFIT Discussion Papers;12/24/2014, Issue 24, p5
An introduction is presented which discusses various topics within the issue including the impact of outward foreign direct investment on Chinese investing companies, data used for the analysis, and the results of the analysis, showing a positive effect on the firms' efficiency and performance.