Stocks to Steaks
- Spurned NY stocks offer a contrarian feast. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
Examines the impact of September 11 terrorist attacks on the stock market in New York, New York. Identification of Big Apple stocks; Details on the economic growth of New York City; Assessment on the progress of Crain's 2001 picks.
- The Trader's Trader. // Equities;Oct2001, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p31
No abstract available.
- PSE resists world markets' decline. Loula, Marek // Prague Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 38
Reports the impact of September terrorist attacks in the United States on the Prague Stock Exchange (PSE) in Czech Republic. Stability of market despite of the attacks; Pressure on airlines and insurance companies; Influence of Czech Telecom on the PSE.
- Crisis in Perspective. Gresham, Stephen D. // On Wall Street;Nov2001, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p101
Discusses how financial executives should respond to their clients in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States (U.S.). Details on the crisis experienced by people in the U.S.; Concerns of investors on their finances; Importance of leadership in times of crisis.
- Left a good job for meaning. Cannon, Angie // U.S. News & World Report;2/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on how many people chose to change careers after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Example of Stephan and Pamela Sahl, who decided to become teachers although they were both retired; Interest of people in giving more to society after the attacks.
- NYSE restart was bell heard 'round the world. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);9/27/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 20, pA11
Comments on the financial performance of the New York Stock Exchange following the September 11 terrorist attacks in the United States. Decline of the economic condition; Encouragement for Americans to spend; Significance of investing.
- Back in business. Sparshott, Jeffrey // Warsaw Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 39, p1
Focuses on the condition of the economy in Poland. Presence of economic and political uncertainty; Influence of the global market on the stock market; Impact of the United States terrorist attacks on the economy.
- Shows to darken for anniversary. Kramer, Louise // Crain's New York Business;8/5/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p1
Reports the cancellation of Broadway productions in time for the anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York City. Plans of the New York Stock Exchange to delay the start of trading to accommodate the memorial events; Closure of some small businesses for the celebration; Aim...
- NASDAQ TRADERS CAUGHT IN THE PERFECT STORM. // Equities;Oct2001, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p28
No abstract available.