Bill's Excellent Adventure
- Honorable Mention: Art Buser. Volpe, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;1/4/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the move of chief executive officer (CEO) Art Buzer of San Clemente-based Sunstone Hotel Investors Inc. to give back some properties to lenders in the midst of global financial crisis in Orange County, California. It states that the moves were not acts of desperation but...
- 100 Words of Less:. // American Printer;Jun2010, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p8
The article enumerates the role of the printing chief executive in a period of economic uncertainty.
- Hotel sale prices plummet as recession batters market. Duggan, Daniel // Crain's Detroit Business;8/30/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p21
The article reports on the effects of recession on hotels in Detroit, Michigan which is manifested in their very low sale prices, occupancy and revenues per available room.
- DOWN AND OUT. // Hotelier;Jun2010, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p4
The article focuses on the "2010 Canadian Hotel Investment Report" from Colliers International Hotels which describes the negative impact of the global recession and the credit market crisis on the hotel investment sector.
- LUXURY SEGMENT IS POISED FOR REBOUND. Watkins, Ed // Lodging Hospitality;6/15/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p8
An interview with Laurence Geller, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Strategic Hotels & Resorts Inc., is presented. He discusses how the company responded to the economic downturn in 2008 and the implication of industrial engineering for the lodging industry in the U.S. He...
- Belfast Or BUST? Wynne-Jones, Stephen // Hospitality Ireland;Aug/Sep2009, Issue 61, p20
The article discusses how the hotel industry in Belfast, Northern Ireland is addressing the challenges brought by the economic recession. It notes that Fitzwilliam Hotel's personalized service is an incentive to attract customers and The Merchant's expansion program. Belfast's revenue per...
- A 10-year assessment of condo-hotel values. Niermann, Jonas // Hotel & Motel Management;6/1/2010, Vol. 225 Issue 6, p8
The author comments on the impact of economic crisis on condominiums and hotels in the U.S.
- Recession hits Continental room rates harder than UK. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/15/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4610, p7
The article reports on the impact of the global recession on hotel room rates in Europe in January 2010 and 2009.
- 'Like a business militia' Duggan, Daniel // Crain's Detroit Business;6/8/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p11
The article reports that hotel executives in the Detroit, Michigan area have been forming hotel committees and associations in Southeast Michigan communities to counter the ongoing global recession. The city of Detroit formed such a committee six months ago, while Sterling Heights will hold its...