The Bill Gates Of Switzerland
- Industry's chance for positive change. Hair, J.R. // International Wildlife;Jul92, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p26
Opinion. Comments on Swiss businessman Stephan Schmidheiny, the principal advisor representing business and industry at the recent United Nations Conference on Environment and Development in Brazil. Schmidheiny is leading a revolution of philosophical and practical change in global development...
- ASFMRA skill development classes, Sept. 29-Oct. 2. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;8/20/2015, p1
A description of the course offered by the organization the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (ASFMRA) in Monterey, California from September 29 to October 2, 2015 is presented.
- True to his word? // Earth Island Journal;Fall92, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p10
Reports that Swiss industrialist and sustainable development advocate Stephan Schmidheiny acquired 30 percent of the stocks of Pacific Mining Co., a steel mill in Chile's Huasco Valley. Extent of damage caused by the company to marine resources of Chapaco Bay.
- Skills audits. // Third Sector;2/15/2011, Issue 648, p17
The author offers advice on skills audits, including becoming more common for boards as a reflection of changing circumstances in which charities are working, the need to be updated with the changes in the external environment and identifying skills gaps that were not evident in the past.
- In the green. Han, Albert; Sunderland, Julie // Harvard International Review;Summer93, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p30
Presents an interview with Stephan Schmidheiny, a principal business advisor in the Earth Summit and Chairman of the Business Council for Sustainable Development, on economic aspects of world environmentalism. Interests businesses perceive in ecological considerations; Role of governments in...
- Stephan Schmidheiny. Bamrud, Joachim // Latin Trade (English);Jan98, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p43
Profiles Stephan Schmidheiny, founder of the World Business Council on Sustainable Development (WBCSD). Emphasis on the private sector's significant role in environmental protection and sustainable development; WBCSD's growth; Business experience in Latin America.
- Gamble to sell forward. // Farmers Weekly;3/7/2008, p7
The author reflects on his farm management skills. According to the author, he would be more qualified to do a job on any building magazine or a career in team building. He notes the reward for his effort to install insulated roof panels on an old wooden building with other people. He points out...
- Can a young Bill succeed where Uncle Sam failed? Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;2/3/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p31
Discusses the significance of the efforts of Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft Corp., to contribute in stemming the world poverty compared to U.S. President George W. Bush. Move of Gates to donate money for the development of a vaccination program in Africa; Detection of the usefulness of the...
- Doing others' taxes led Skandalaris to entrepreneurship. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;2/19/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p24
The article presents information on entrepreneur Bob Skandalaris. In 1982, following his epiphany about the road to wealth through entrepreneurism, Skandalaris went to work for Prudential-Bache Securities. He founded Noble International Ltd. in 1994, a move he once called "illogical," and has a...