42-Year-Old Male Methamphetamine User With Dysarthria and Facial Droop
- Acute aortic dissection (Stanford type B) during pregnancy. Katsuragi, S; Neki, R; Yoshimatsu, J; Ikeda, T; Morisaki, H; Morisaki, T // Journal of Perinatology;Jun2013, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p484
We report a case of acute aortic dissection (Stanford type B) that occurred in pregnant woman at 34-week gestation. She had no systemic characteristics of Marfan syndrome, however she exhibited a mutation of FBN1, Arg 545 Cys, which has been found to correlate with ectopia lentis but not with...
- ANALYSIS ON EARLY DIAGNOSIS GRADING MODEL OF ACUTE AORTIC DISSECTION. // Heart;Oct2010, pA187
An abstract of the article "Analysis on Early Diagnosis Grading Model of Acute Aortic Dissection" by Liu Qiming, Tang Ming, Zhou Shenghua, and Chai Xiangping is presented.
- Culture-Negative Spontaneous Bacterial Peritonitis: An Ambiguous Diagnosis without Peritoneal Biopsy
. Cone, Lawrence A.; Leung, Millie M. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;12/1/1999, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p1582
Describes a diagnosis of tuberculous peritonitis in a patient with Laennec's cirrhosis and culture-negative neutrocytic ascites (CNNA) by peritoneal biopsy. Clinical findings; Characteristics of tuberculous peritonitis; Importance of laparoscopic or open peritoneal biopsy for patients with CNNA.
- What caused this patient's chest pain and refractory hypotension? Shuaib, Waqas; Shahzad, Hira; Zaheer, Atif; Alweis, Richard; Vijayasarathi, Arvind; Weiden, Jason; Khosa, Faisal // JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (;Apr2015, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p55
No abstract available.
- Making the case: solutions for tough times. Starr, Susan // Journal of the Medical Library Association;Apr2009, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p73
The author discusses the creation of case studies to present innovations that can solve problems faced by health sciences librarians. The author notes how global problems have resulted in reductions in resources for libraries. She comments on the limited utility of brief articles published in...
- ICF und Dysarthrie. Gröne, Berthold // Forum Logopadie;jul2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p16
The assignment of the ICF in the therapy of patients with dysarthria not only leads to a detailed description of specific disorders but also shows an impact on diagnosis and therapy. The notion of participation influences diagnosis and therapy, functional goals should correspond to participation...
- IMAGES IN CARDIOLOGY: Circumferential aortic dissection. Pontillo, D.; Patruno, N.; Stefanoni, R. // Heart;Apr2006, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p540
The article presents a diagnosis of a 60-year-old hypertensive male patient suffering from chest pain and severe hypotension with no palpable right carotid and femoral pulses in Great Britain. Transoesophageal echocardiogram suggests aortic dissection evident in the existence of type A...
- An ascending aort dissection detected in transthoracic echocardiography as a posteriorly located mass. Baysan, Oben; Bozlar, Uğur; Fırtına, Serdar; Yokuşoğlu, Mehmet; Bugan, Barış; Cenç, Celal // Gulhane Medical Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p219
A patient with aortic dissection generally has symptomatic presentation, however in an asymptomatic case the diagnosis is usually based on incidentally detected findings. We herein present a case of aortic dissection in a 68-year-old female patient detected as a posteriorly located mass in...
- CT imaging findings and endovascular management of isolated spontaneous dissecting aneurysm of celiac artery. Rama Krishnan, R. S.; Murali, K.; Madan, R.; Francis, G. // Indian Journal of Radiology & Imaging;Aug2013, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p234
Isolated spontaneous dissecting aneurysm of celiac artery without concomitant involvement of aorta is a rare entity and only a few cases are reported in the literature. More cases are being detected recently with greater advancements in CT technology. Clinicians and emergency physicians should...