Incidence of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Among Children After Introduction of a 7-Valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine: A Population-Based Study in Olmsted County, Minnesota
- Streptococcus pneumoniae infection in children: vaccine implications. Weir, Erica // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/22/2002, Vol. 166 Issue 2, p220
Focuses on the need and advisability of vaccinating young children against Streptococcus pneumoniae. Background and epidemiology; Clinical management of cases of acute otitis media; Clinical management of invasive pneumococcal infection; Prevention.
- WHAT'S NEW IN DRUGS. // RN;Dec79, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p101
Presents information on a polyvalent pneumococcal vaccine for the immunization of patients against pneumococci infections. Patients qualified for the vaccine; Infections prevented by the vaccine; Contraindications.
- Vaccination against pneumococcus in West Africa: perspectives and prospects. Donkor, Eric S.; Dayie, Nicholas T. K. D.; Badoe, Ebenezer V. // International Journal of General Medicine;2013, Vol. 6, p757
Background: Pneumococcal vaccination has become obligatory due to the enormous burden of pneumococcal diseases. Quite recently, pneumococcal conjugate vaccines have been developed, and have been shown to be superior to the previous polyvalent polysaccharide vaccine of the organism. Pneumococcal...
- Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Trial of Pneumococcal Vaccination in Renal Transplant Recipients. Kumar, Deepali; Rotstein, Coleman; Miyata, Genevieve; Arlen, Dianne; Humar, Atul // Journal of Infectious Diseases;5/15/2003, Vol. 187 Issue 10, p1639
Discusses the immunogenic effects of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV7) in renal transplant recipients who are at increased risk for developing invasive pneumococcal disease. Assessment of immunogenicity after vaccination by serotype-specific enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and...
- Optimising uptake and profits. Jarvis, Sarah // Practice Nurse;Jul2005 Supplement, p3
In this article, the author discusses the administration of pneumococcal vaccination in Great Britain. The author identifies some policies imposed by the government for administering pneumococcal vaccines. It presents clinical risk groups for whom pneumococcal vaccination is recommended. It also...
- How others have done it. // Practice Nurse;Jul2005 Supplement, p4
In this article, the author explains how his nursing practice worked together to implement a successful and profitable pneumococcal vaccination campaign in Great Britain. According to the author, the campaign included: initially arranging a practice team meeting to explain what the campaign is...
- Adult PCV13 vaccination worth a shot in the USA. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;3/17/2012, Issue 649, p7
The article discusses two studies on the use of the 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV13) and the 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV7). The first study compared the effectiveness of PCV13 and the 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPSV23) in the vaccination of...
- Pneumococcal Vaccine and Pneumonia. // Pediatrics for Parents;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 29 Issue 11/12, p27
The article reports on a study which investigates whether vaccination with pneumococcal vaccine PCV7 could reduce hospitalizations for community-acquired pneumonia.
- Reduction of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease 3 Years After the Introduction of the 13-Valent Conjugate Vaccine in the Oxfordshire Region of England. Moore, Catrin E.; Paul, John; Foster, Dona; Mahar, Saeed A.; Griffiths, David; Knox, Kyle; Peto, Timothy E.; Walker, A. Sarah; Crook, Derrick W. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;Oct2014, Vol. 210 Issue 7, p1001
Background. The 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate (PCV7) vaccine's impact on invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD) is well described, but few reports exist on the additional impact of the 13-valent vaccine (PCV13).Methods. We calculated the IPD incidence across all ages in a surveillance project...