China Unicom Awards Copius Contracts
- China Unicom divvies 1x deals to 5 vendors. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;10/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p14
Reports on the decision of China Unicom to award equipment contracts to expand and upgrade its code division multiple access network. Subscribers of China Unicom; Significance of the contracts with Motorola's partnership with China Unicom; Information on Nanjing Ericsson Panda Communications...
- Microsoft, Unicom to develop CDMA 1x business model. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p5
Reports on a memorandum of understanding signed by Microsoft Corp. and China Unicom concerning code division multiple access. Purpose of the move; Benefits of the move to China Unicom.
- Lucent to build cdma2000 networks in India. // RCR Wireless News;10/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p17
Reports on the decision of Lucent Technologies Inc. to sign separate contracts with two Indian operators to deploy nationwide code division multiple access (cdma) 2000 wireless networks. Significance of the cdma2000 network to Reliance Infocom; Examples of wireless data services; Value of the...
- Ericsson Wins $25M China Unicom Contract. // Electronic News (10616624);12/30/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 53, pN.PAG
Reports on the contract won by Ericsson to supply additional Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA)2000 1X equipment and services to China Unicom. Provinces in China where the CDMA2000 1X equipment of Ericsson are deployed; Details on the contract; Views of Ake Persson, president of Ericsson CDMA...
- Ericsson Expands CDMA2000 with China Unicom. // Electronic News;11/22/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 47, pN.PAG
Reports on the expansion of code division multiple access 2000 1X infrastructure contracts between Ericsson and China Unicom in 2004. Value of the contracts; Coverage of the contracts; Statement of Mats H. Olsson, president of Ericsson China, regarding the Chinese telecommunications industry;...
- Connecting China. Janson, Stephen // Global Telephony;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the plans by China Unicom Ltd. to build a 160-city code division multiple access network (CDMA) in the China. Estimates of more than 10 million subscribers targeted by the CDMA project; Value of the project's projected costs; Phases of construction.
- China Unicom picks up 4 CDMA networks. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p44
Reports that China Unicom will gain control of four experimental code division multiple access networks operated by China Telecom Great Wall. People's Liberation Army's ownership of 50 percent of China Telecom Great Wall; China Union's receipt of permission from the government to deploy cdmaOne...
- China Unicom abandons cdmaOne plans. Weiss, Ed // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p18
Reports that China Unicom has cancelled its plan to build a second generation Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) network. Reason cited by the company for cancelling the plan; Rumors concerning the real reason for the move; Implications of the decision for Qualcomm Inc.'s plan to deploy CDMA...
- China Unicom's CDMA conundrum. Chan, Tony // Telecom Asia;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p14
Reports on China Unicom Ltd.'s launching of its code division multiple access (CDMA) service in the country. Initial capacity of the service; Innovations adopted by the company to ensure the success of its CDMA venture.