It's A Smaller World With Wireless
- Wireless video coming to America. Moore, Mark // PC Week;6/03/96, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p6
Reports that three Swedish companies are developing wireless data transmission technology that enables users to conduct video conferences and gain high speed access to the Internet on the road. High Speed Circuit Switched Data protocol developed by Ericsson Inc. and partners; Efforts to improve...
- DIALING IN. Cain, Sandi // Orange County Business Journal;8/19/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p23
Explores the trend in Internet-based videoconferencing. Benefits of videoconferencing; Comparison between videoconferencing and face-to-face meetings; Cost effectiveness of Webconferencing software; Reduction in the need for videoconferencing through wireless technology.
- hearing problems. D'Angelo, Joey // AV Technology;Sep2011, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p44
The article provides information on steps to be considered in order to enhance the audio performances of videoconferencing. The article further states that the type of microphones used in videoconferencing room is crucial in the determination of sound quality. The article also states that mixing...
- Wireless IP video will take time. Meserve, Jason // Network World;11/06/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p26
Reports that wireless Internet Protocol video will take time to develop. Inadequacies of current Palm personal digital assistants; Difficulties of increasing bandwidth; Companies dedicated to delivering multimedia to handheld devices; Applications being developed.
- The Good The Bad The Ugly. // Network World;9/22/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p6
Comments on key issues and developments pertaining to the information and computer network industry in the U.S. Launch of a videoconferencing service by Polycom Inc.; Policies on installing antennas for AT&T Wireless Services; Proceedings of the user conference sponsored by PeopleSoft Inc.
- SIP mediated services. G. Reid; F. Aparicio; A. Low // BT Technology Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p87
AbstractÂ Â In this paper we discuss how we can use the session initiation protocol (SIP) to offer advanced services for mobile users over BTâ€™s 21st Century Network (21CN). We provide a brief overview of the advantages of using SIP and describe how SIP can play a vital role in...
- Open-Source Telemedicine Platform for Wireless Medical Video Communication. Panayides, A.; Eleftheriou, I.; Pantziaris, M. // International Journal of Telemedicine & Applications;2013, p1
An m-health system for real-time wireless communication of medical video based on open-source software is presented. The objective is to deliver a low-cost telemedicine platform which will allow for reliable remote diagnosis m-health applications such as emergency incidents, mass population...
- Unified Medical Language System (UMLS) News: Upcoming Webcast. // NLM Technical Bulletin;Sep2009, Issue 370, p21
The article offers information on the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS) webcast titled "UMLS Web Site Changes" to be held on September 24, 2009. It indicates that the webcast will be discussing the reorganized UMLS Web pages. Moreover, the webcast will also be offering a guided tour of the...
- Welcome to the workplace of the future. Berkeley, Regus // Business Traveller (UK/Europe Edition);Jul/Aug2009, p24
The article reports on mobile, flexible, global workplace models that provide twenty- four-hour, seven-days-a-week business lounges and meeting spaces for mobile workers. The Regus Berkeley Square in London, England is home to this concept that features world class information technology,...