BT Delays 3G Launch
- Silence over the lamb. // Voice+;Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p12
Reports on British Telecom PLC's launching of a campaign in Great Britain to encourage mobile users to turn off their telephones when eating in restaurants. Alternative to telephones suggested by the company; Restrictions imposed by restaurants on mobile telephone use.
- Microsoft, BT trial wireless data apps. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p5
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s agreement with British Telecommunications PLC to develop a set of services to make various types of Internet and intranet-based applications and information available to overseas mobile device users. Scope of services offered to users; Number of countries expected...
- BT targets families in return to mobile arena. Chandiramani, Ravi // Marketing (00253650);7/24/2003, p1
British Telecom (BT) PLC is putting families at the heart of its re-entry into the mobile phone market, with an aggressive pricing strategy that will offer family members incentives to sign up at preferential rates. It will aim to entice relatives of customers who sign up to its mobile service...
- Big squeeze. Taaffe, Joanne; Wood, Nick // Total Telecom Magazine;Sep2008, p10
This article reports on pressures being faced by telecommunications service provider BT in providing managed services to large enterprises in Great Britain. BT has no mobile arm unlike other former incumbents in the country which have been able to count on mobile for revenue growth. The British...
- BT returns to mobile in online telecoms plans. McAuliffe, Wendy // New Media Age;5/13/2004, p1
BT is to re-enter the British mobile market through its next-generation network plans. The network plans of BT include a converged voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP) and mobile network, enabling all voice calls to be made over the Web. The incumbent telecommunication will be upgrading the...
- New-wave thinker. Carter, Ben // Marketing (00253650);3/18/2004, p18
Gavin Patterson has just completed his first 50 days as group managing director for British Telecommunication PLC's (BT) entire consumer business and time is not standing still. The focus to which Patterson refers is BT's drive into what it is terming new-wave business, such as broadband and...
- BT sources mobile KM solution. // Knowledge Management;Sep2002, p6
Reports on Great Britain-based BT's use of iOra's Mobile Internet to drive the knowledge management initiative for its Major Business sales and services team. Extension of the knowledge of mobile workers.
- BT re-enters mobile game. // Utility Week;8/8/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the launching of the Mobile Home Plan by British Telecom before its first quarter results in 2003 in Great Britain. Financial problem faced by the company; Percentage of decline in the sales of the company; Earnings posted by the company.
- BT TO OPTIMIZE APPLICATION PERFORMANCE WITH NEW SERVICE. // Networks Update;Sep2006, p1
This article reports on a new service launched by British Telecoms within its Application Assured Infrastructure (AAI) suite. The Applications Optimization Service (AOS) is an improvement to the continuous performance management component of AAI, which offers customers with greater control of...