PDA Price Slashing Continues
- Handspring makes moves into 'communicator' category. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p6
Reports on the decision of Handspring Inc. to drop the standard handheld computer category for its handheld devices in favor of the Communicator category. Key features of Handspring's devices; Problems with using Microsoft Pocket PC in Handspring's devices; Analysis on the competition between...
- Temperature Rising. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;09/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p23
Provides information on the wireless handheld computer business of Palm Computing Co. Planned initial public offering of the company; Revenue during the fiscal year ended May 28, 1999; Statistics on the estimated growth of the handheld computer market.
- Integrated computing devices expected to leapfrog in popularity. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;11/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p14
Focuses on the popularity of wireless integrated personal digital assistants (PDA). Capabilities of integrated PDA; Forecasts on PDA shipments; Features of a wireless device released by Palm Inc.
- Palm Heats Up Wireless. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;12/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p5
Focuses on the announcements about wireless empowerment for Palm handheld devices by Palm Inc. Information on the version 4.0 of Palm's operating system; Overview of the company's deals with cellular manufacturers.
- Handhelds: Hold hands! Lashinsky, Adam // Fortune;6/11/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 12, p228
Argues that companies Palm and Handspring should merge. Rivalry between the companies; How both are not performing well; Price war between the companies which is contributing to lost revenue; History of Palm and Handspring.
- Handspring and Palm: HotSync Sunk? Johnston, Stuart J. // PCWorld;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p41
Reports on a problem with Palm and Handspring Visor personal digital assistants. Description of the problems.
- short takes. // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p32
Presents news in wireless communication business as of January 21, 2002. Deal between Handspring Inc. and mm02; Hardware manufacturers that is working with Palm to provide compatible Bluetooth hardware development kits; Enhancements to Neomar Inc.'s server and handheld software development program.
- Handspring, Palm elevate competition with price cuts. // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p27
Reports on the competition between Handspring Inc. and Palm Inc. over the marketing of their wireless telecommunication products in 2001. Announcement of services and software applications for personal digital assistants by Handspring; Stock price of both companies as of May 15, 2001.
- Handheld companies suffer through storm. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;9/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p14
Reports on the market performance of wireless computer companies in the U.S. as of September 2002, including Palm Inc., Handspring Inc. and Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM). Effort taken by Handspring to reduce costs and focus more closely on its mobile phone products; Action taken by Palm to...