Hands-free GPS Combo
- Cellport, Airbiquity partner to bring wireless back to the car. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p29
Reports on the partnership between Cellport Systems Inc. and Airbiquity Inc. to develop a telematics system for automobiles. Projected growth of the market for telematics hardware and software by 2007; Key features of Cellport's and Airbiquity's products.
- Nextel, Cellport Deliver Hands-Free Solution. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p37
Focuses on a deal between Nextel Communications Inc. and Cellport Systems Inc. to deliver hands-free, in-vehicle solution to wireless subscribers. Terms of the agreement; Overview of hands-free products to be offered under the deal; Significance of the deal to the wireless industry.
- New products. // Cellular Business;Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p62
Introduces products in the cellular industry. Universal hands-free car kit by CellPort; 2180 CDMA digital design phone by Nokia; TQ9222 receiver by TriQuint Semiconductor; Antenna drive kit for portable phones from Advanced Fox Cellular; Description of the products.
- Cellport Clinches Cisco's Cash. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p5
Reports on the financial and collaborative interest of Cisco Systems Inc. in the wireless connectivity for vehicles offered by Cellport Systems Incorporated. Comments from analyst Jonathan Lawrence about the investment of Cisco; Cellport's mobile network server; General Motors vehicles in which...
- Ford To Install Cellport Hands-Free System In New Vehicle Models. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p16
Reports that Ford Motor Co. will install a hands-free calling system for mobile telephones manufactured by Cellport Systems Inc. in its Lincoln cars and sport utility vehicles. Implication of the move for restrictions on mobile phone use while driving; Terms of the agreement between Ford and...
- starting small. Bishop, Don // Mobile Radio Technology;May2002, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p30
Reports that location technology providers Airbiquity and Plant Equipment has worked with Edge Wireless and the Oregon Office of Emergency to launch the Phase II wireless E9-1-1 installation on the West Coast. Reasons for having the wireless phone; Development of the master street address guide...
- Low-Cost, Web-Ready PNDs Ahead: Airbiquity. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/15/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p34
The article reports on the plan of Airbiquity to offer a low-cost way for personal navigation device (PND) makers to turn their devices into two-way, Internet-connected models at mass market prices. A PND using the company's platform connects to the Internet via the user's Bluetooth cellular...
- Airbiquity, AAA test portable location services device. // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p17
Reports on the field testing of a portable location services device that attaches to existing cellular handsets by Airbiquity Inc. and motoring and travel services company AAA. Aim of the test; Specific services piloted; How the service works.
- Connected vehicle technologies intelligence service. // Aroq - Just-Auto;Dec2012, p1
The article offers information related to connected vehicle technology and related hardware and software in automobile industry. It briefs about several companies delivering connected automotive services including the company Agero, Airbiquity Inc. and Continental AG. It also elaborates various...