For Sale: Slightly Used Assets
- Telefonica, Motorola enter collaboration. // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p29
Reports on Telefonica SA and Motorola Inc.'s signing of an agreement under which the two telecommunication companies will collaborate more closely and Motorola will become a preferred supplier for Telefonica.
- Motorola reports Brazil contract. // RCR;04/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p22
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s contract with Telefonica SA in Brazil's telecommunication industry.
- Motorola completes Mexican cellular sale with Telefonica. // RCR Wireless News;6/25/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p32
Reports that Motorola has completed the sale of its investments in four Mexican cellular companies to Telefonica S.A. Information on the companies owned by Motorola; Status of the cellular market of Telefonica in Mexico.
- TELECOM CONQUISTADOR. // Business Mexico;Nov2000, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p12
Reports that Spain's Telefonica SA will buy Motorola Inc.'s stakes in five Mexican cellular phone companies. Franchise area of the Mexican operators; Purchase price; Number of cellular customers Telefonica will gain.
- Telefonica pursues BellSouth's Latin American operations. // RCR Wireless News;3/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the plans of telecommunication company BellSouth Corp. to sell its Latin America operations to Spanish telecommunications provider Telefonica SA. Estimated number if customers of Bellsouth in the region; Value of the wireless assets of Bellsouth in the Latin America.
- BATTLE FOR BRAZIL IS ON. MANAUT, SERGIO // Latin Trade (English);Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p54
The article focuses on the proposal of telecommunications company TelefÃ³nica to acquire Brazilian operator Global Village Telecom (GVT) for 8.98 billion dollars in its effort to consolidate its leadership in the country. Topics include the need for TelefÃ³nica to end its partnership with...
- Motorola to spin off chip business. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p5
Reports the decision of Motorola Inc. to sell its semiconductor business in 2003. Implications of the move; Factors that contributed to the decision; Companies that are interested in the business.
- Untitled. // Wireless Week;6/25/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 26, p34
Presents updates on the telecommunications industry as of June 25, 2001. Value of the acquisition deal between Telefonica and Motorola Inc.; Aim of the alliance between Lucent Inc. and Cambridge Positions Systems.
- BUSINESS. // Total Telecom+;Sep2010, p3
The article offers news briefs in the telecommunications industry. Qualcomm is conducting negotiations that could result in the sale of its Flo TV mobile broadcast unit. Telefonica acquired Portugal Telecom's interest in Brazilian mobile operator Vivo for 7.5 billion euros. Nokia Siemens Network...