RIM Fires Protective Warning
- Glenayre Sues RIM For Patent. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p34
Reports on the patent infringement lawsuit filed by Glenayre Technologies Inc. against Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM) in San Francisco, California, in July 1999. Amount asked by Glenayre for a settlement; Information on the patent in question.
- Glenayre sues RIM for patent infringement. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p2
Reports that Glenayre Technologies Inc.'s Wireless Access Group has filed a lawsuit against Research in Motion Ltd. for alleged infringement of a patent for two-way messaging services. Features of the companies' products; Research's response to the lawsuit.
- Glenayre files counterclaim against RIM. // RCR Wireless News;6/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the counterclaim filed by Glenayre Technologies Inc. against Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM) involving Glenayre's unified message distribution service. Argument of Glenayre against the patent infringement allegations of RIM.
- Glenayre Patent Suit Dismissed. // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p24
Reports on the dismissal of a 1999 patent infringement lawsuit filed by Glenayre Technologies Inc. against Research In Motion Ltd. Allegations of Glenayre against Research in Motion; Action taken by Glenayre in response to the dismissal.
- IPR disputes find their way to court. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;7/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p20
Focuses on the intellectual property disputes between wireless communication companies. Lawsuit filed by Research In Motion Ltd. against Glenayre Technologies Inc and Good Technology Inc.; Other companies involved in wireless data patent battles.
- BlackBerry's going blank? Stevenson III, Theodore // Fort Worth Business Press;3/7/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p23
Focuses on the patent infringement case filed by NTP against Research In Motion (RIM), maker of the Blackberry handheld wireless messengers. Injunction being sought by NTP against RIM; Amount awarded by the jury to NTP; Discussion of the possible re-examination of patents governing Blackberry...
- Threat of BlackBerry Shutdown Leaves Doubt. Davis, Rob // San Diego Business Journal;1/30/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by NTP Inc. against computer firm Research in Motion Ltd., manufacturer of mobile computer device BlackBerry, for patent infringement in the U.S. NTP asked courts to suspend BlackBerry service and stop its maker from selling or making the product. Lastly,...
- RIM loses patent dispute with Nokia. // Flare (Pakistan);12/16/2012, p69
The article discusses the defeat of BlackBerry maker Research In Motion (RIM) on a dispute with Nokia over patents.
- NTP vs. RIM: A good deal for lawyers. Tolly, Kevin // Network World;5/15/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p20
The article comments on the lawsuits faced by Research in Motion Inc. (RIM) which were separately filed by NTP Inc. and Visto Corp. RIM, maker of BlackBerry handheld device, was sued due to disputed patents. After it was settled, RIM was sued again by software provider Visto for allegedly...