- PACKETS. // Wireless Week;10/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 39, p8
Presents an update on the wireless telecommunication industry in the U.S. as of October 28, 2002. Deals signed by Ericsson with Agere Systems and Proxim; Information on the virtual mobile network of Yes Wireless; Appointment of Norm Fjeldheim at Wireless Knowledge.
- Globalstar Seeks More Funds After Failed Launch. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;09/28/98, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p9
Reports that Globalstar LP is looking for more backers to get its wireless communication system operational. Destruction of some of its satellites in September 1998; Names of various companies that support Globalstar; Amount of money the company needs to raise.
- Globalstar expands service in N. Europe. // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p51
Reports that Globalstar Telecommunications Ltd. will increase its wireless communication coverage in Northern Europe.
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p13
Presents news briefs on wireless communication in the U.S. as of July 14, 2003. GSM/GPRS roaming agreement between AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Western Wireless Corp.; Changes in the rates of international phone call service from Globalstar; Appointment of Ericsson as supplier of GSM/GPRS...
- Agere platform could lower software costs. // RCR Wireless News;11/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p9
Reports on the launch of the Festino Wireless platform by Agere Systems which could lower software costs in the U.S. as of November 18, 2002. Estimated software cost that can be saved by using the platform; Features of the product.
- Satellite players struggle against time. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;06/19/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 25, p30
Compares two commercial wireless systems providers namely, Iridium company and Globalstar Telecommunications company. Similarity of companies; Earnings of Globalstar as of the second quarter of 2000; Investors of the companies.
- A Phone Suited For Hairy Chests. Roth, Daniel // Fortune;5/1/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 9, p62
Offers a product review of a mobile telephone by Globalstar which has the ability to function as a cellular phone or receive signals from satellites. Weight and size of the phone which makes it cumbersome; Globalstar's system of satellites; Resemblance to the large mobile telephones of the 1980s.
- AGERE INTRODUCES FLEXMAP FOR ACCESS NETWORKS. // Networks Update;Feb2003, pN.PAG
Reports on the release of Hypermapper and Hypermapper Lite, which improve the speed and performance of wired and wireless access networks, by Agere Systems Inc. in 2003. Features of the products; Key functions; Price.
- Proxim's new positioning. // Frontline Solutions;Sep2002, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p61
Reports on Proxim Inc.'s acquisition of the wireless local area network business of rival Agere Systems Inc. Purchase price; Products acquired by Proxim; Impact on the wireless industry. INSET: Wireless in Brief.