Metrocall Re-evaluates Merger
- ReFlex Carriers Grow Devices, WebLink To Step Up Distribution. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/7/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p30
The article reports on the plans of ReFLEX-network messaging carriers -- SkyTel, Metrocall and WebLink Wireless -- to launch at least five keyboard-equipped devices in the U.S. enterprise market. The devices are the first ReFLEX models manufactured by companies other than Motorola, which shipped...
- Two-way Providers Pare Positions. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the plan of wireless electronic mail messaging providers Metrocall Inc. and Web Link Wireless Inc. to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the United States to facilitate their merger. Expectations of the companies that their merger would enable them to stay competitive in the industry;...
- Flying High Once Again? Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;02/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the increase in the subscriber base of paging carriers in the United States in 2000 due to the two-way messaging services of these companies. Year-end goal of WebLink Wireless for its two-way subscriber net; Opinion on the Motorola T900 device; Two-way devices Metrocall Inc. expected...
- Contesting The 'Killer Application' Careless, James // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p26
Focuses on the ReFLEX 3.0 protocol of Motorola which is the favored application of WebLink Wireless Inc. and MetroCall Inc. for their instant messaging services. How the ReFLEX protocol works; Benefits of quadrupling a wireless data carrier's network capacity; Prediction on instant messaging.
- WebLink attracts developers. Bruno, Antony // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p17
Reports that several companies have joined WebLink Wireless Inc.'s Enterprise Solutions Provider Program. Includes JP Systems Inc. and TimeBills.com; Aim of the program.
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p3
Presents news on the wireless communications sector of the United States as of November 13, 2000. Agreement of Verizon Wireless to acquire personal communication system licensees from Alltel; Number of wireless data net subscriber added to WebLink Wireless Inc. during the 2000 third quarter;...
- New WebLink messaging offering targets youth. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p44
Highlights WebLink Wireless Inc.'s move to target teenagers and under 30-year olds with a two-way messaging and electronic-mail service it plans to debut in summer 2000.
- Lines between messaging and wireless data blur. Bruno, Antony // RCR;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the declining differences between wireless data and wireless messaging services as shown by the services of WebLink Wireless Inc. Development of technology allowing two-way devices operating on wireless networks; Description of the company's wireless services; Client using WebLink's...
- Untitled. // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p30
Covers news briefs on wireless communication industry as of April 16, 2001. Release of the Raven II CDPD modem by AirLink Communications Inc.; Features and how the WebLink Wireless Inc. uses the Xap.com information Web site.