Lucent, Alcatel Deal Rumored
- Alcatel rumored to bid for Lucent. // Telephony;05/21/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the alleged plan of Alcatel telecommunication company to purchase competitor Lucent Technologies company. Value of the alleged acquisition deal.
- The rule of threes. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;05/28/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 22, p84
Comments on the application of the rules of business in the telecommunication industry. Divisions of the communications business; Reasons Alcatel and Lucent are discussing a deal called merger of equals.
- Lucent Draws A Suitor. P., Shankar // Business News New Jersey;May/Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p6
Reports the merger plans of Lucent Technologies with French telecommunications firm Alcatel in the United States. Interest of Alcatel in the fiber optics manufacturing plant of Lucent in Georgia; Gross revenue of Lucent wireless infrastructure business per year; Problems in the integration of...
- VENDORS SEE NO REBOUND AS 2002 OUTLOOK WORSENS. LaBarba, Liane H. // Telephony;4/29/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 17, p9
Deals with the negative business outlook of U.S. telecommunications equipment industry for year 2002. Business loss of Alcatel in the first quarter of 2002; Number of employees laid-off by Lucent Technologies; Projections on sales of the industry.
- Company Spotlight: Alcatel. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p16
The article profiles Alcatel SA, a telecom company of France. Alcatel is a worldwide provider of a variety of telecommunications equipment and services. Customers of the company include fixed line and wireless telecommunications operators, Internet service providers, governments and businesses....
- Software gains prominence. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/5/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the growing demand for independent software vendors (ISV) in the U.S. wireless telecommunication industry as of January 5, 2004. ISV companies working with major infrastructure vendors like Lucent Technologies Inc. and Alcatel Corp.; Major driver of the trend towards ISV; Companies...
- 100 YEARS OF HISTORY. // RCR Wireless News;9/24/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p6
The article traces the history of telecommunication companies Alcatel and Lucent Technologies. Alcatel dates back to 1898, when it began as CGE, a French-based industrial conglomerate with interests in electricity, transportation, electronics and telecom. Lucent Technologies dates back to 1869,...
- White House approves Lucent-Alcatel merger. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p12
The article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush has approved a recommendation by a Treasury Department-led interagency group supporting the merger of French telecommunication vendor Alcatel SA and Lucent Technologies Inc. The ruling demonstrates the commitment of the U.S. to protect its...
- European Union clears merger of Alcatel and Lucent. // International Law Update;Jul2006, Vol. 12, p139
The article reports on the approval of the planned merger between French telecom equipment maker, Alcatel S.A., and American competitor, Lucent Technologies, Inc. by the European Community Commission. The merger's main impact on competition would be in the supply of optical networking equipment...