Stanford Symposium Stirs Debate
- THE INTERNET TURNS 40. Foderaro, Lisa W.; Johnson, Kirk; Roberts, Sam; Seligson, Hannah; Kavookjian, Ani; Bilyeu, Suzanne // New York Times Upfront;10/5/2009, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p5
The article focuses on the first attempt to use the Internet by Leonard Kleinrock, a computer scientist at Stanford Research Institute in Menlo Park, California, on October 29, 1969. The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET) is the Internet predecessor. During that time, Kleinrock...
- Leonard Kleinrock: Charting the Course of the Internet. Lear, Anne C. // IT Professional;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p80
Interviews Leonard Kleinrock, professor of computer science at the University of California, Los Angeles and considered as one of the founding fathers of the Internet. Paradigm shift for the Internet; Technology trends driving nomadic computing; Education and personal background on Kleinrock. ...
- Internet ponders into the future. // Design News;11/7/94, Vol. 50 Issue 21, p22
Discusses the history of the Internet. Meeting of designers and developers of the system; Leonard Klienrock; Robert Kahn; Forecast on the future of the network.
- Internet turns the big 30 (don't crash the party). Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;8/30/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 36, p28
Discusses the origins and history of the Internet in light of its thirtieth anniversary. The role of Leonard Kleinrock of the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA); Its origins as ARPANET; The advent of the World Wide Web; Impact of the Internet past, present and future.
- Bitten By The Wireless ASP. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;03/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p24
Focuses on the emergence of application service provider (ASP). Information on ASP launching services in 2000; Statement issued by Alan Reiter, president of Wireless Internet and Mobile Computing; Market for ASP.
- Several brains behind Internet invention. // Flare (Pakistan);Oct2014, p38
The article focuses on the various inventions that contributed in the evolution of the Internet. Topics discussed include introduction of ARPANET known as Telenet in 1974, introduction of Domain Name System (DNS) in 1984 by Paul Mockapetris and Jon Postel, and setting of Internet Service...
- The Net at 30. // Advertising Age;9/6/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 37, p16
This article focuses on the issue concerning the changes that will take place in the Internet industry, which would put long-term business strategies at risk. Leonard Kleinrock, a UCLA professor, recounted how Internet visionaries knew they were onto something big and how, time and again, the...
- GOOD BAD UGLY. // Network World;11/2/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p5
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. which is related to computer network industry. It offers a history of the internet which mentions Leonard Kleinrock, the first person to sent message which contributes to the birth of the internet. Facebook web site offers web pages to memorialize or...
- Plotting 3G Success Down Under. Hughes, Owen // Wireless Week;03/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p27
Focuses on the success of third generation technology. Elements of success for content providers in the wireless sector; Statement by Rodger Armstrong, commercial manager with Reuters wireless services.