N.H. Governor: School Funding Measure May Hurt State's Rating
- New Baltimore, Mich., Raised to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p2
Reports on the improvement of the general obligation bond rating for Baltimore in Maryland by Standard and Poor's. Increase of the income levels; Consistency of the property tax base gains; Enhancement of the financial positions.
- Southwest Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;05/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30648, p27
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the Southwest, as of May 25, 1999. Includes proposal to cut property taxes in Little Rock, Arkansas; Moody's Investors Service's upgrade of Johnson County, Kansas, Water District's bonds; North Texas Tollway Authority, Texas' approval of a toll...
- Albuquerque School Board Adopts Tax-Hike-Free Capital Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32000, p46
Reports on the adoption of the of a five-year capital plan that uses a combination of general obligation bonds and property tax extensions by the board of trustees for Albuquerque Public Schools. Purpose of the capital plan; Schedule of the general bond election of the district; Rate of the...
- Moody's Upgrades Rating on Chicago Schools Finance Authority's GO Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31822, p35
Reports on the upgrade of the Chicago School Finance Authority's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service in Illinois. Avoidance of lowering the property tax levy; Increase of state funding for schools; Assessment of the Chicago Public Schools' capital plan.
- Moody's: Despite General Fund Caps, Pennsylvania Schools Are Still Stable. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p32
Reports on the stable bond rating of the Pennsylvania school districts by Moody's Investors Service. Maintenance of additional reserves in alternative funds; Improvement of financial flexibility; Reduction of the need to increase property taxes.
- Benbrook's credit rating raised by Standard & Poor's Rating Services. BASSETT, ELIZABETH // Fort Worth Business Press;9/29/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p21
The article reports that Standard and Poor's Rating Services has upgraded Benbrook's credit rating to A+ in 2008. The entry notes that the credit rating increase considered factors such as the city's residential property growth, proven financial controls, and maintenance of strong reserves. It...
- Gov. Rendell Signs Pennsylvania Budget. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p28
Reports that Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell signed a supplement state budget following the legislature's passage. Increase in the personal income tax rate; Property tax relief rate; Benefits for schools; Ratings of Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings on Pennsylvania's GO debt.
- Indiana Municipalities Prepare for Tax Cap. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32412, p1
The article reports on the reconsideration of municipalities of their method to capital projects and borrowing with the implementation of limitations on property taxes at 2 percent in Indiana. Bob Clifford, a controller for Indianapolis, claims that the law changed the landscape for municipal...
- Moody's Adjusts Criteria for Indiana Localities in Light of Tax Cap. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32408, p3
The article reports on Moody's Investors Service's adjustment of its criteria for rating new bonds issued by municipalities in Indiana. According to the article, the adjustment was made to comply with a law that sets a 2 percent tax cap for property tax increases. Moody's analyst John Humphrey...