N.H. Governor: School Funding Measure May Hurt State's Rating
- New Baltimore, Mich., Raised to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p2
Reports on the improvement of the general obligation bond rating for Baltimore in Maryland by Standard and Poor's. Increase of the income levels; Consistency of the property tax base gains; Enhancement of the financial positions.
- Southwest Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;05/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30648, p27
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the Southwest, as of May 25, 1999. Includes proposal to cut property taxes in Little Rock, Arkansas; Moody's Investors Service's upgrade of Johnson County, Kansas, Water District's bonds; North Texas Tollway Authority, Texas' approval of a toll...
- Albuquerque School Board Adopts Tax-Hike-Free Capital Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32000, p46
Reports on the adoption of the of a five-year capital plan that uses a combination of general obligation bonds and property tax extensions by the board of trustees for Albuquerque Public Schools. Purpose of the capital plan; Schedule of the general bond election of the district; Rate of the...
- Arizona School District's Property Tax to Drop Even If Bond Plans Pass. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p27
Reports that Deer Valley Unified School District No. 97 property tax will drop even if voters approved a proposed bonds and capital override plan in Arizona. Proposal for the school system to join others in an area vocational education consortium; Use of the bonds to fund physical improvements...
- Moody's Upgrades Rating on Chicago Schools Finance Authority's GO Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31822, p35
Reports on the upgrade of the Chicago School Finance Authority's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service in Illinois. Avoidance of lowering the property tax levy; Increase of state funding for schools; Assessment of the Chicago Public Schools' capital plan.
- Moody's: Despite General Fund Caps, Pennsylvania Schools Are Still Stable. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p32
No abstract available.
- Benbrook's credit rating raised by Standard & Poor's Rating Services. BASSETT, ELIZABETH // Fort Worth Business Press;9/29/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p21
The article reports that Standard and Poor's Rating Services has upgraded Benbrook's credit rating to A+ in 2008. The entry notes that the credit rating increase considered factors such as the city's residential property growth, proven financial controls, and maintenance of strong reserves. It...
- Gov. Rendell Signs Pennsylvania Budget. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p28
Reports that Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell signed a supplement state budget following the legislature's passage. Increase in the personal income tax rate; Property tax relief rate; Benefits for schools; Ratings of Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings on Pennsylvania's GO debt.
- Indiana Municipalities Prepare for Tax Cap. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32412, p1
The article reports on the reconsideration of municipalities of their method to capital projects and borrowing with the implementation of limitations on property taxes at 2 percent in Indiana. Bob Clifford, a controller for Indianapolis, claims that the law changed the landscape for municipal...