First Southwest to Acquire FleetBoston Financial Advisory Division
- URGE TO MERGE. Sandlund, Chris // Entrepreneur;Dec2000, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p33
Reports on the partnership forged by CapitalKey Advisors Inc. with companies Merrill Lynch & Co. and FleetBoston Financial to provide online services for merger and acquisition deals. Trend in the merger and acquisition market; Details on the services offered by CapitalKey Advisors Inc.
- Amex, FleetBoston Forge Cross-Selling Alliance. Hunter, Matthew // American Banker;9/28/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 186, p6
Focuses on FleetBoston Financial Corp. and American Express Financial Co.'s entry into an exclusive agreement to sell of each other's investment products. FleetBoston's selling of two American Express' annuities; Benefits of the deal to both companies.
- Keep America Rolling. Wagoner, Rick // Executive Speeches;Dec/Jan2001, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p5
Presents the text of a speech given by Rick Wagoner, chief executive officer of General Motors Corp., on September 27, 2001, which deals with strategic alliances.
- Forming an ALLIANCE. Treider, Renee // Wenatchee Business Journal;May2000, Vol. 14 Issue 5, pC7
Offers tips on forging business alliances with other companies. Selection of businesses that complement one's own; Contacting businesses interested in creating an alliance; Establishment of common vision with partners; Creation of marketing strategies for the established partnership. INSET:...
- Tough Market Conditions Make Telecoms Reconsider Wisdom of Strategic Stakes: With lack of control a disadvantage, companies either sell out or take over. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/14/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 19, pN.PAG
Reports that adverse market conditions are forcing some telecommunication companies to scrutinize every aspects of their business strategies. Benefits of acquiring strategic stakes in other companies; Impact of financial problems on telecom companies; Uncertainty related to the benefits of...
- Wellpoint suitor also has Aetna purchase on mind. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p29
Reports the alliance between WellPoint Health Network Inc. and ING America Insurance Holding Inc. to acquire Aetna Inc. in the United States. Reputation of WellPoint as a managed-care company; Effect of the planned acquisition on the Michigan operations of Aetna US Healthcare; Share offer for...
- Harnessing the power of alliances and acquisitions. Harbison, John R.; Pekar, Jr., Peter // NACD Directorship;Mar1999, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p6
Discussion some of the advantages and benefits of strategic alliances and acquisitions. Value of mergers and acquisitions in 1998 in the United States; Revenue posted by strategic alliances in the country; Increase of profit of companies that forged strategic alliances and also those that have...
- Is big back? Friedman, David // Inc.;Apr98, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p23
Focuses on the impact of business consolidation and mergers in the United States. Number of mergers in 1997; Mergers being a trend; Consolidations from below, known as roll-ups, and alliances of like businesses; Impact on traditionally small businesses, like drug stores and veterinarians;...
- The Biz. // America's Network;08/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p82
Presents news briefs on several issues in the telecommunication industry as of August 2000. Acquisition of GlobeNet Communications Group Ltd. by 360Networks Inc.; Purpose of the alliance formed by Ace*Comm Corp. with NetEffect Corp.; Terms of the agreement signed by Advanced Switching...