Slow on Budget, N.Y. Legislature Blamed for Derailed MTA Deal
- New York MTA OKs $10.7B Budget While Ignoring Calls to Postpone Fare Hike. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32778, p28
The article reports on the approval of a $10.7 billion 2008 budget for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York. However, the MTA ignores calls for postponing a fare increase until New York passes its budget in 2008. The MTA expects to sell $2 billion of bonds in 2008. Debt...
- N.Y. MTA to Keep $1.35 Billion of ARS in Auction Mode Indefinitely. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/29/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32867, p24
The article reports on the plan of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to keep $1.35 billion of auction-rate securities (ARS) in auction mode because it is cheaper than the alternatives. Under the plan, the MTA is to refund $700 million of dedicated tax refund bonds and to...
- New York Bridge Authority to Sell $1 Billion in Bans. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31041, p31
Reports on the bond issue of the New York State Metropolitan Transit Authority's Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority. Structure of the bonds; use of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- N.Y. MTA, TBTA Ready $1.6B of Debt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31258, p1
Reports on the plans of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) and its subsidiary the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority (TBTA) for the sale of its bonds as of November 5, 2001. Financial advisor for the sale of TBTA general purpose revenue bonds; Ratings of the bonds by...
- N.Y. MTA Prepares Record-Setting $14 Billion Offering. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31335, p56
Reports the approval of the bond resolutions of Capital Program Review Board in New York City. Preparation of Metropolitan Transportation Authority to bring 14 billion dollars debt refinancing to the market; Refusal of the review board to act on the resolutions.
- Tender Piece Of MTA Deal Now in Doubt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p1
Reports the cancellation of the refinancing plan by the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Approval of the federal law authorizing an additional advance of refunding certain bonds; Eligibility of the bonds for the refundings; Completion of the tender process.
- On Heels of Tobacco Bonanza, N.Y. MTA Ups the Ante to $2.8B. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31380, p35
Reports the transportation revenue offering of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in New York. Plan of institutional pricing; Growth of the retail demand; Assessment of the preliminary price.
- A Tale of the Takedown. McKaig, Ryan; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31388, p1
No abstract available.
- Long-Term Debt Neared $30B in May. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31399, p1
Reports the increase of long-term debt in New York. Influence of bond sales and tobacco-backed issuance to the increase; Reformation of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority; Stability of rates on tax-exempt bonds.