Focusing on Enforcement
- SECTION TAXATION, AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION. // Tax Lawyer;Summer76, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p1187
Presents the Section of Taxation of the American Bar Association. Objective of the association; Presentation of the responsibilities of the members; Process of the election of officers and members of the council.
- RULES OF PROCEDURE OF THE SECTION OF TAXATION, AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION. // Tax Lawyer;Summer76, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p1195
Presents the rules of procedure of the Section of Taxation of the American Bar Association. Responsibilities of the chairman; Schedule of annual meeting and sessions; Presentation of the proper decorum during meetings.
- TAXATION OF AMERICAN BUSINESS IN MEXICO MEXICO CITY TECHNICAL SESSION. // Tax Lawyer;Apr66, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p36
Highlights the workshop of the Section of Taxation, American Bar Association in conjunction with revenue officials of Mexico and the United States in Mexico City, Mexico. Organizer of the session; Subject of the session; Speakers of the session.
- CHAIRMAN'S REPORT. Worthy, K. Martin // Tax Lawyer;Summer74, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p527
Highlights the annual meeting of the Section of Taxation of the American Bar Association in Honolulu, Hawaii. Innovations of the Board of Governors for the meeting; Assistance of the American Institute of Public Accountants in the preparation of the program of the meeting; Host committee of the...
- REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON INSURANCE COMPANIES. Kiracofe, Clifford A. // Tax Lawyer;Summer74, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p569
Presents the report of the Committee on Insurance Companies of the American Bar Association. Identification of private rulings and technical advice applicable to taxation of insurance companies; Recommendation for the issuance of a revenue ruling; Provisions of the Life Insurance Company Income...
- ACTION OF THE COUNCIL AT ITS MEETING IN WASHINGTON, D.C., NOVEMBER 15-16, 1980. // Tax Lawyer;Winter81, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p497
Highlights the meeting of the American Bar Association in the Washington, District of Columbia on November 15-16,1980. Approval of the changes in the organization and operation of Section committees; Authorization by the council for Committee on Integration to proceed study of integration;...
- COMPENSATING EXECS. Machlowitz, David S. // ABA Journal;Feb89, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p34
Reports that high wages for corporate executives are accompanied by high risks according to discussions in a seminar sponsored by the American Bar Association (ABA). Types of administrative problems that can accompany high executives' salaries; Risks associated with company stock plans.
- Tax Simplification Recommendations. // Tax Executive;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p140
Presents comments submitted by the Tax Executive Institute in partnership with the American Bar Association and American Institute of Certified Public Accountant urging the United States Congress to enact legislation that would simplify the tax laws. Complexity of tax laws; Amendments to the...
- REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON SMALL TAXPAYER PROGRAM. Gibbs, Lawrence B. // Tax Lawyer;Summer80, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p1081
Presents the report of the Committee on Small Taxpayer Program of the Section of Taxation of the American Bar Association of the United States as of June 1980. Aid to low income taxpayers; Involvement of taxpayers in tax litigation; Establishment of a taxpayer assistance center.