What CEOs Are Reading
- What's on your nightstand? // Business NH Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p13
Presents a sampling of books read by CEOs during downtime. Includes `The Fountainhead' and `Atlas Shrugged,' by Ayn Rand; `The Great Game,' by Jack Stack; `Soulmates,' by Thomas Moore.
- TOM COVE. // SGB;Feb2013, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p48
The article presents an interview with Sports & Fitness Industry Association's (SFIA) president and chief executive officer (CEO) Tom Cove who discusses his childhood dream, his proudest athletic moment, and the things that he like most in his job and being in the sporting goods industry.
- Ex-Dome chief to launch leisure brand. // Marketing Week;4/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the launching of a leisure complex brand to operate alongside the Xscape sports leisure complex of former Millennium Dome chief executive officer Pierre-Yves Gerbeau in England. Expansion of the retail portfolio of Owner Capital & Regional; Acquisition of the O[sub20] centre in North...
- CHIEF EXECUTIVES TURN THE PAGES. Tetzeli, R. // Fortune;6/29/1992, Vol. 125 Issue 13, p14
Discusses various best-selling books that CEOs are currently reading. John Grisham's novels `The Firm,' and `The Pelican Brief'; `Centennial,' by James Michener; `Beyond Entrepreneurship,' by James C. Collins and William C. Lazier; Several other titles.
- CEOs of troubled firms should be brought to book. Mazur, Laura // Marketing (00253650);12/21/2000, p16
Suggests some holiday readings for chief executives of the top marketing firms in Great Britain. 'Value-Added Public Relations: The Secret Weapon of Integrated Marketing,' by Thomas Harris; 'The Value Imperative: Managing for Superior Shareholder Returns'; 'Communicating When Your Company Is...
- ...is reading. Frame, Susanne // Quill & Quire;Jan1998, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p23
Presents the views of chief executive officers (CEO) of different Canadian companies regarding their choice of business books. Indigo Books & Music CEO Heather Reisman's, preference for books that provide both hard data and intellectual challenges for the reader; Stentor Resource Centre Inc....
- Are You Attracting and Developing Top Talent? Carr, Bob // SGB;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p13
Focuses on the presentation on succession planning by Jed Hughes, an executive search expert at Spencer Stuart, at the Sporting Goods Business Industry Forum XIV in 2004. Link between succession planning and attracting good talent; Factors that lead to a lack of focus of executives on...
- Mambelli Appointed CEO of Diadora-Invicta. Leand, Judy // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p15
The article reports on the decision of Enrico Mambelli to join the Diadora-Invicta Group of Italy as CEO. Mambelli is tasked to oversee the re-launching of the company's brands. His experience encompasses works in fashion and sports apparel management. These includes a stint at Gft, where he was...
- MICKEY NEWSOME. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p64
The article presents an interview with Mickey Newsome, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Hibbett Sports Inc. He talked about his biggest mentor while growing up. He also talked about his first job and the turning point of his career. He also gave advice to people who are looking to...