the retailer's ADVANTAGE
- Analysis -- November 2010. // Retail Trade;Nov2010, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the financial results in the Canadian retail industry in November 2010. Retail sales grew 1.3% to 37.3 billion U.S. dollars which reflect the growth at most retail stores which was the largest since March 2010. Sales at motor vehicle and parts dealers increased 2.7% which...
- The Fabric and Fiber prim-er. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p54
The article presents a representative cheat sheet of companies and technologies related to fabric and fiber innovations that sports and outdoor retail sales staff should know and understand this Fall/Winter season. Aegis Microbe Shield is an antimicrobial technology with more than 30 years of...
- Analysis -- April 2010. // Retail Trade;Apr2010, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p6
The article analysis the retail sales in April 2010 in Canada. The country's retail of clothing and clothing accessories, building materials and garden equipment and supplies and sales and automotive is presented. Several charts depicting retail sales including gasoline stations, sporting goods...
- Checking the List. Leand, Judy // SGB;May2007, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses the over arching theme published within the issue which is dedicated to listing the top 100 retailers of sporting goods in the U.S.
- Bring it on, Mother Nature. Anderson, Brian // Wearables Business;Dec2002, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p6
Deals with the sales growth of winter clothes apparel in the U.S. in December 2002. Percentage of sales increase posted by retail stores in the country; Impact of the season on retail trade.
- Shoppers Lured by Return of Sun. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/18/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 83, p4
This article focuses on cold weather on the performance of clothing and retail stores in New York City in October 2005. At Poleci on West 14th Street, there was also an interest in fall styles. The first sunny day after eight days of continual rain put shoppers in a mind for fall. In this...
- Baubles, Bangles and Bijoux. Street, Julie // France Today;Sep2009, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p8
A review is offered for several boutique fashion and dress accessories stores in France including the Naï¿½la de Monbrison, Galerie Elsa Vanier and John Agee's.
- Buying Time. Wells, Elizabeth // Real Simple;Sep2003, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p111
The article provides tips on shopping. Deciding which clothes to buy was once the most puzzling part of shopping. The variety of options--sifting through a store, clicking through a web site, checking a catalog--often leaves one with new doubts rather than easy shopping. There are many issues...
- shopping around. Hogan, Mary Kate // Greenwich Magazine;Feb2012, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p30
The article reviews several clothing retail shops in Greenwich, Connecticut including Carlisle Collection, Splurge Kids, and Letarte.