THE NEW MORNING COMMUTE
- Commuters Share Auto Rickshaws. // India -- West;6/8/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 29, pA44
The article offers information that commuters in Chennai, India are opting for shared autorickshaws that run mainly on diesel due to the petrol price hike.
- Entrepreneur fills a void downtown. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/19/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p3
The article reports that entrepreneur Nate Phelps has opened a branch of his store Central District Cyclery, which sells and repairs bicycles and offers brand-name clothing and accessories to urban cyclists, in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan last March 2012. Phelps observes that 2012 is an...
- Transportation. // Crain's New York Business;7/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p48
Presents charts and graphs depicting the performance of the transportation sector in New York. Average price per gallon of regular unleaded gasoline; Eastbound vehicles using Port Authority bridges and tunnels; Ridership in commuter rail passengers.
- Can ride sharing retain your distant workers?. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p8A
Reports that employers in Indianapolis, Indiana, are encouraging commuters to share a ride because they are worried that the high price of gasoline will hurt worker retention. Employers on the periphery of Indianapolis affected the most because there is little or no bus transportation for...
- Affordability issue grows for local homebuyers. Moore, Philip S. // Inside Tucson Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p32
The article discusses the effects of the increasing rate of home prices in Arizona since year 2000. The increase meant a windfall of home equity values for homeowners. With the increase in home prices, people tend to use their automobiles to escape higher cost of homes. As a result, they face...
- Atlantans' commutes are most costly. // American City & County;Jul2006, Vol. 121 Issue 7, p10
The article states that the average Atlanta resident costs $5,772 a year to get to work, landing that city at the top of Sperling's BestPlaces list of the nation's most expensive cities for driving. Rising gas prices have made daily commutes more expensive for most Americans, according to...
- A green way to go to work--and a workout, too. // Consumer Reports;Aug94, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p515
No abstract available.
- THE WAY YOU ROLL. // Bicycling;Jul2013, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p51
The article presents results of a survey conducted to know attitude to daily riders.
- Pump price-pinch leads to more metro ride-sharing. Fluker, Anjali // Crain's Detroit Business;8/22/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p21
The article reports that according to the Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG), metro Detroit commuters are rediscovering carpooling and vanpooling as gas prices near $3 a gallon. SEMCOG, which helps coordinate the region's transportation options, has registered more than 200...