- The Ones Watching. Carlson, Mike // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun2010, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p224
The article discusses the fight scene of Royce Gracie with Jason DeLucia in the Ultimate Fighting Championships (UFC) match at the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Torrance, California.
- THE NEW RULES OF FIGHT CLUB. Chua-Eoan, Howard; Neuman, Clayton; Poole, Gary Andrew; Scully, Sean // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/26/2005, Issue 38, p44
The article presents information related to the reemergence of ultimate fighting as a form of mainstream entertainment in the United States. Ultimate fighting was banned by almost every U.S. state in 1997 because of its no-holds-barred, pound-to-pulp violence. In June the showbiz dealmakers at...
- FSN Kick-Starts New Fighting League. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p15
The article reports that Fox Sports Net Inc. will challenge the Ultimate Fighting Championship's supremacy in the mixed martial arts program. FSN will launch the coverage of the International Fight League on February 23, 2007. 22 hours of original programming will be aired by FSN mostly on...
- Just My Type. Patrick, Dan // Sports Illustrated;5/31/2010, Vol. 112 Issue 23, p18
The article presents an interview with Dana White, the president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. When asked how it would work out if he installed fighting octagons at every NASCAR race track to settle racing disputes, White says that the idea wouldn't hurt pay-per view numbers. He...
- Rashad 'Suga' Evans wants to be the Ultimate. GOODSON, DAVE // New York Amsterdam News;8/4/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 31, p9
The article focuses on the hopes of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight champion Rashad Evans to expand music and sports as well as his fight against UFC fighter Tito Ortiz in New York on August 6, 2011. It notes that Evans wants to bring hip-hop culture to American contact...
- ROKU TO STREAM LIVE UFC FIGHTS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;5/24/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p12
The article reports on the agreement between Roku and the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) for pay-per-view UFC fights.
- Safe Zone In UFC. HOFFMAN, MELODY K. // Jet;7/4/2011, Vol. 119 Issue 22, p49
The article profiles Herb Dean, a referee in the professional Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) organization Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
- CHAPTER 39: MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli // Sports Marketing;2011, p201
Chapter 39 of the book "Sports Marketing 2011" is presented. It provides an overview of mixed martial arts (MMA) in the U.S. For the safety of the athletes, additional rules have been implemented in 1999-2000. Owned by Zuffa LLC, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has an annual revenue of...
- Take that! Stanley, T. L. // Brandweek;4/5/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 14, p49
The article examines the marketing of a mixed martial arts competition by Ultimate Fighting Championship.