The Teen Factor
- Larger Full-Line Retailers Show Stronger Productivity and Profitability Increases, According to New NSGA Survey. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;11/26/2008, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p2
This article reports that larger full-time sporting goods retailers in the U.S. showed stronger key measures of productivity and profitability than did their smaller counterparts, according to the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) Cost of Doing Business Survey. Larger full-line...
- CHAPTER 17: SPORTING GOODS. // Sports Marketing;2006, p120
The chapter summarizes sporting goods market data collected by the National Sporting Goods Association and Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association and the Census Bureau of the U.S. Department of Commerce. Sporting goods include footwear, equipment and apparel. Information provided include...
- where AMERICA shops. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p26
The article focuses on the 2009 "Where America Shops" report, developed by The SportsOneSource Group. The group measures the factors that influence where consumers shop and what drives them to buy when it comes to sporting goods products. In the 2009 survey, 79% of respondents said that Price...
- Little guys find ways to compete with chains. Battaglia, Tammy // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Cites the sales strategies that Cleveland, Ohio-based independently owned sporting goods stores are using to stay competitive in a business saturated with big national retailers. Haney's Sporting Goods' Web site; Creative sales tactics; Cleveland Sporting Goods Co.'s customer service strategy;...
- retail IQ. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p61
A quiz related to sporting goods retailing is presented.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p25
Details retail developments related to the sporting goods industry as of February 17, 1997. Includes the closure of 50 Oshman's Sporting Goods stores; Merger of Las Vegas Discount Golf with Saint Andrews Golf; Home Team Advantage specialty store's opening in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;6/8/98, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p25
Reports on developments concerning sporting goods retailers in the United States as of June 8, 1998. Includes Sunny's Great Outdoors Inc.'s plans to double the number of its stores; Bass Pro Shops' sponsorship of a automobile racing team; JumboSports' intentions to open an additional store in...
- Sports Authority KOs competition, but contenders are still in the ring. // Discount Store News;7/01/96, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p74
Lists the top sporting good retailers in the United States based on sales in 1995. Sports Authority Inc., Sports and Recreation and Sportmart as the top three chains; Number of stores as of January 1996; Average store size; Comparison with 1994. INSET: Outlook..
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;10/5/98, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p37
Presents news briefs related to the sporting goods retailers in the United States, as of October 5, 1998. Includes protest staged at a Wal-Mart sponsored fishing tournament; MC Sports' expansion strategy under its president and chief executive officer, Bruce Ullery; Opening of Cabela's store in...