where AMERICA shops
- TOP SPORTING GOODS RETAILERS. // DSN Retailing Today;7/8/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p32
Discusses the status of sporting goods retailers in the U.S., according to the 'Annual Industry Report,' compiled by 'DSN Retailing Today,' in 2001. Top sporting goods retailers identified by the report; Decline in the total sales of The Sports Authority; Number of stores opened by Hibbett...
- DECEMBER 2004 TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARDING retail directory. // Transworld Skateboarding;Dec2004, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p214
Presents a directory of skateboarding retail stores in the U.S. Goodwill Board Sports in Conway, Arkansas; West Side Skate Shop in Tarpon Springs, Florida; Fairmont Skate Shop in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
- Stretching the Limits. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Mar2004, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p23
Probes into the challenges posed by the increasing yoga trend to sporting goods retailers in the U.S. Reason for the difficulty in capitalizing on the yoga trend; Benefits of the cooling yoga hype on sporting goods stores; Efforts of retail store owners in improving service for the yoga category.
- Adidas Eyeing China. Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;8/28/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 34, p10
The article discusses the plans of athletic goods firm Adidas to significantly increase its retail presence in China in line with the upcoming 2008 Beijing Olympics. The company aims to double the total number of Adidas-branded stores in China by 2010, taking its store count to 5,000. Adidas is...
- AUGUST 2004 TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARDING retail directory. // Transworld Skateboarding;Aug2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p234
Presents a list of sports retail stores for skateboarders. Vertical X-scape in Atlanta, Georgia; Real Skate in Curridabat, Costa Rica; Stone 15 in Helsinki, Finland; Melrose Sports in Cebu City, Philippines.
- CREATING NEW OPPORTUNITIES. Hartford, James M. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p8
The article presents the author's opinion on the sporting goods market in the U.S. The author says that with unemployment continuing to expand, the market will lose even more spending strength until companies start expanding payrolls again in mid-2010 as expected. The author says that the...
- Interactive Sports Authority unit, prototype for future, bows in N.J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/30/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 60, p8
Features the interactive store unveiled by Sports Authority in Clifton, New Jersey. Location; Design of the interiors; Display of merchandise according to activity.
- Let's send the 'bad guys' somewbere else. Faltinek, James L. // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p4
The article focuses on the organized gangs of shoplifters, who worked to steal, repackage and resell such items as razor blades, infant formula and diabetes test strips. The hired shoplifters were motivated with perks that included free transportation and bail money, as needed. The gang...
- January retail sales strong, but growth rate slowing. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p18
The author reports that sales for the sporting goods retail industry are increasing. The Monthly Retail Trade Survey reported that sales in January 2007 increased over eight percent compared to January 2006. Total sales for the sporting goods retail industry for 2006 was 35 billion dollars. This...