THE YEAR OF THE MARGIN
- Home centers. // Chain Store Age;Jan98 Supplement, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p7A
Unveils a survey of home center retailers on their commitment to inventory information. Merchandising decisions made by the industry; Importance of maintaining inventory integrity; Challenges faced in maintaining inventory integrity.
- Firm Projects No Holiday Sales Decline. // Home Textiles Today;11/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p2
The article focuses on the projection of the retail advisory firm Karabus Management, regarding the one percent growth of the holiday sales in the U.S. Michael Unger, managing director of Karabus' Performance Improvement practice, stresses that all sectors of retailers have reduced costs and...
- Minimizing Out-Of-Stocks. Stadler, Kevin // Food Logistics;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 106, p42
The author reflects on sales optimization using the minimum amount of inventory. He mentions that if no items are missing from shelves, supermarket chains and department stores could generate up to eight percent more sales. He points out that by utilizing an automated ordering forecasting...
- Price Strategies between a Dominant Retailer and Manufacturers. Hsun Jung Cho; Hou Kit Mak // AIP Conference Proceedings;8/13/2009, Vol. 1148 Issue 1, p493
Supply chain-related game theoretical applications have been discussed for decades. This research accounts for the emergence of a dominant retailer, and the retailer Stackelberg pricing models of distribution channels. Research in the channel pricing game may use different definitions of pricing...
- Starting a Retail Store: How to Build Inventory. Clark, Donald // Crafts Report;Nov2010, Vol. 36 Issue 415, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to inventories in retail stores including how to build inventory in a handmade retail store, the strategies on attending a wholesale show while keeping the budget, and how often should the product catalogues be updated.
- Manage your small retailers. Knowles, Tim // Food Manufacture;Jul2006, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p24
The article reports on ways on how to manage the businesses of small retailers in Great Britain. The use of the price card approach in supply chain trading allowances is an advantage and effective for small businesses. However, the maintenance of price cards should require alertness over...
- Direct action. Allen, Nick // Logistics Manager;Mar2009, p20
The author observes that direct-ship or drop-ship is becoming more and more important for retailers operating in a multi-channel environment. He explains that retailers will need to be more creative in the areas of customer service, inventory control and the order-to-cash cycle. In order to win...
- Retailers Look Ahead To '04. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/29/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p8
Highlights the optimism of retailers in Michigan towards business recovery in 2004, despite decline in sales in November 2003. Percentage of retailers in the state which projected higher sales from December 2003 to February 2004; Factors which affect the Michigan Retail Index.
- Independent, Large Chain Retailers See Sales Growth. // Food Logistics;5/15/2006, Issue 86, p8
The article reports on the expected growth of large chain retailers in the U.S. Supermarket industry sales increased 4.6 percent in 2005 and same-store sales rose 3 percent, the highest mark for same-store sales growth in a decade, according to the Food Retailing Industry Speaks, 2006, the...