Internet addiction: New-age diagnosis or symptom of age-old problem?
- Internet addicts can get online help. Oreilly, Michael // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/25/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p199
Reports on an online site to help Internet addicts. Profile of Kimberly Young, who has coined the phrase Internet addiction; The warning signs of Internet addiction; The Center for Online Addiction, a virtual clinic that Young has started to help people deal with their Internet addiction; The...
- Mental Health in the Digital Age: Grave Dangers, Great Promise. Zsila, Ágnes // Journal of Behavioral Addictions;Sep2016, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p553
No abstract available.
- Hospital offers treatment for Net addiction. // Hill;9/9/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 98, p24
The article reports on the hospital-based Internet addiction treatment center to be opened at the Bradford Regional Medical Center in Pennsylvania in September 2013, established by Kimberly Young.
- MPs debate mental health. // Therapy Today;Jun2013, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p51
The article focuses on the participation of the Members of Parliament (MPs) on the debate on mental health held in the House of Commons on May 16, 2013 covering several topics including the importance of parity of esteem between physical and mental health.
- The German Version of the Internet Addiction Test: A Validation Study. Barke, Antonia; Nyenhuis, Nele; Kröner-Herwig, Birgit // CyberPsychology, Behavior & Social Networking;Oct2012, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p534
Reports about excessive Internet use, possibly amounting to an addiction, have increased. Progress with research and treatment of this phenomenon requires valid standardized assessment instruments. A frequently used questionnaire is the Internet Addiction Test (IAT) by Kimberly Young. The...
- MPs debate mental health. // Therapy Today;Jul2012, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p49
The article reports that MPs in the House of Commons are debating their own experiences of mental health while emphasizing the urgent need to improve services and raise awareness of mental health issues.
- Internet Addiction Test (IAT): Which is the Best Factorial Solution? Faraci, Palmira; Craparo, Giuseppe; Messina, Roberta; Severino, Sergio // Journal of Medical Internet Research;Oct2013, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p1
Background: The Internet Addiction Test (IAT) by Kimberly Young is one of the most utilized diagnostic instruments for Internet addiction. Although many studies have documented psychometric properties of the IAT, consensus on the optimal overall structure of the instrument has yet to emerge...
- Problematic internet use among students of mental health: Preliminary findings from eastern India. Mitra, Sayantanava; Mahintamani, Tathagata; Kumar, Vipin; Poddar, Shuvabrata; Mukherjee, Urbi; Rao Kavoor, Anjana; Chatterjee, Seshadri Sekhar // Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p452
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Internet addiction: The emergence of a new clinical disorder" by K. Young in the 1996 issue.
- CAUGHT IN THE NET [M] HOW TO RECOGNISE THE SIGNS OF INTERNET ADDICTION AND A WINNING STRATEGY FOR RECOVERY. Bishop, Fleur; Hinder-Hawkins, Deanne // Australian & New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy;Mar2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p60
The article reviews the book "Caught in the Net: How to Recognize the Signs of Internet Addiction and a Winning Strategy for Recovery," by Kimberly S. Young.