Health Literacy: Implications for Ambulatory Care
- Outpatient CONNECTION. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jan2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p11
Presents news related to outpatient care in the U.S. as of January 2001. Decision of the American Medical Association House of Delegates to study the possibility of forming safety guidelines for office-based surgery; Extension of the period for hospitals and healthcare organizations to comment...
- What it's really like to work in an ambulatory care center. Waters, Scott A. // RN;May85, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p51
Focuses on ambulatory care centers (ACC) in the U.S. Medical services offered by ACC; Responsibilities of nurses at ACC; Benefits offered by ACC to nurses.
- Stat. Page, Leigh; Beckley, Elizabeth Thompson // Modern Physician;Mar2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p2
Presents news related to medical care as of March 2003. Opposition of the American Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers to payment cut proposal; Course on humor therapy at the 2003 convention of the Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor; Another version of the physician behavior...
- Superior returns. Versel, Neil // Modern Physician;Mar2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the potential of ambulatory computerized physician order entry (ACPOE) systems to prevent millions of adverse drug events and thousands of life-threatening conditions each year. Estimated amount that could be saved a year from the widespread use of ACPOE systems in the U.S.;...
- 1 in 12 Drugs Inappropriately Prescribed to Elderly. // HealthFacts;Mar2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p4
Reports on a survey presented in 2004 which showed incidents of inappropriate drug prescriptions made to elderly people during ambulatory medical care visits in the U.S. Drugs with the largest share of inappropriately prescribed medicines; Inappropriately prescribed central nervous system...
- Mobility for Tomorrow's Seniors. Tucker, Patrick // Futurist;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p10
This article focuses on the impact of health care trends on public transportation in the U.S. Rising rates of outpatient care and chronic illness point to an issue that will demand much more public attention in coming decades: As the population of elderly U.S. citizens grows, and with it the...
- Three codes introduced for observation. Stantz, Renee // Medical Economics;2/25/2011, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p72
The article provides an answer to a question about the different changes to the codes for outpatient care services in the U.S. which are included in the 2011 Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codebook.
- Part B Questions & Answers. // Eli's Rehab Report;Sep2012, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p67
The article presents questions and answers regarding the use of eight minute rule in the U.S. inpatient hospital setting and application of a V code as the main diagnosis on claim for outpatient therapy services.
- Hospital outpatient visits on rise -- for everyone but older patients. // Geriatrics;Feb2006, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p9
Reports on a survey which determined hospital outpatient visits for ambulatory primary care in the U.S. Increase in hospital visits by individuals aged 65 and above; Categories of hospitals with ambulatory health services; Forms of payment for rendered medical services.