House readies for spending vote amid heavy GOP attacks
- NSTA Legislative Update: Strike Two on America COMPETES. // NSTA Express;5/24/2010, p2
The article reports on the reintroduction of the America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2010, H.R. 5325, in the U.S. done by Congressional leaders for House consideration after making a few changes to the bill.
- Utility exec takes shot at Chamber. Snyder, Jim // Hill;9/25/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 108, p5
No abstract available.
- Acts Approved by the President. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/30/2010, Special section p1
A list of legislative bills approved by U.S. President Barack Obama on April 30, 2010 is presented, including the Emergency Aid to American Survivors of the Haiti Earthquake Act, the United States Capitol Police Administrative Technical Corrections Act of 2009 and the Trademark Technical and...
- Naming of courthouse clears yet another hurdle. Fink, James // Buffalo Law Journal;3/15/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 22, p4
The article reports that the U.S. House's Economic Development, Public Buildings & Emergency Management subcommittee on transportation has approved a bill that would allow the recently opened federal courthouse to be named after the late Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson.
- Libertarians: "Cap and Tax" Destroys Jobs, Punishes Working Families. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/27/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p8
The article reports on the warning made by Libertarians to the House Energy and Commerce Committee to not approve the H.R. 2454 cap and tax bill since it will destroy jobs and punishes working families in the U.S.
- Bill to end abuses of ceremonials appears dead for this year. Donovan, Bill // Navajo Times;2/18/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 7, pA7
The article discusses the proposed bills of Arizona state Senator Albert Hale for 2010 which include a legislation to regulate the use of traditional Native American practices by non-Indians and another one which validates a signature of a person who signs a nominating petition for a candidate...
- In the Congress. // Environmental Law Reporter: News & Analysis;Aug2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p10761
The article presents a list of various environment-related bills that are introduced, reported out of committee, passed by either house, or signed by the President in the U.S. including S. 292 (land use), H.R. 2336 (water) and H.R. 2745 (wildlife).
- House OKs Financial Reform Bill. Hamstra, Mark // SN: Supermarket News;7/5/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 27, p6
The article reports that the U.S. House has voted to approve the financial reform bill which may prevent the kind of banking failures that occurred in 2008.
- EXCERPTS FROM THE HILL'S PUNDITS BLOG. // Hill;10/14/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 118, p40
An excerpt from the Hill's Pundits Blog is presented.