Measuring the Tax Benefit of a Tax-Deferred Annuity
- Fixed Deferred Annuity from N.Y. Life. // American Banker;7/25/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 143, p7
The article reports that New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corp. have created a fixed deferred annuity program. The annuity promises a strong interest rate over a five year period. The program allows tax-deferred growth, and if an investor wants to withdraw money within the first five years,...
- Securing Your Client's Future. Vasishtha, Preeti // Advisor Today;Mar2010, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the introduction of Lincoln MYGuarantee PLus from Lincoln Financial Group. It states that the retirement product offers a steady, tax-deferred fixed rate of return without equity risk to help clients secure their financial future. Also, it provides guaranteed, predictable...
- Why Fixed Annuities Now? Leshner, Steven // Advisor Today;Jun2009, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the market for guaranteed benefits of fixed annuities in the U.S. It states that an advantage of annuities over certificates of deposit (CDs) lies in the tax-deferred treatment of interest. According to the author, annuities provides a strategy for structuring income...
- Recent House Bill Approves Restrictions Regarding Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Arrangements. Ume-Nwagbo, Nwabundo E. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q3, p1
The article discusses the Americans Jobs Creation (AJC) Act of 2004. The AJC Act consists of strict restrictions on acquiring tax benefits related with non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements (NQDCA). It also modifies the Internal Revenue Code which provided that income deferred under...
- How Responsible Is Your Investing? Thompson, Maria Markham // Nonprofit World;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p26
The article presents information about new investment choices for nonprofit organizations. Because of recent growth in investment options and screening criteria, the organizations have a greater ability than ever before to select social responsible investments for endowments, operating funds,...
- BMI VIEW: ASIA. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/21/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p3
Presents an update on issues and events related to the economic sector of countries in Asia as of February 2005. Need for a banking reform in China ; Projection for the fixed income rate in the Philippines.
- GLOBAL FIXED INCOME Primer. // Canadian Investment Review;Fall2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p21
The article focuses on the Fixed Income Primer of the periodical "Canadian Investment Review," which aims to help plan sponsors navigate a complex fixed income landscape. It also provides a step-by-step look at what investors need to know about fixed income.
- AIG's First Group Fixed Annuity. // American Banker;10/17/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 199, p8
Reports that an American International Group unit has introduced its first fixed annuity for group retirement plans. sale through broker-dealers and third party administrators; Offering of a fixed rate of interest.
- CHOOSING AMONG TAXABLE, TAX-DEFERRED, TAX-EXEMPT FIXED-INCOME INVESTMENTS. Drucker, David J.; Sullivan Jr., Paul // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr89, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p90
Changes in our tax and economic environment over the last several years have complicated the process of selecting among taxable, tax-deferred, and tax-exempt fixed-income investments. Rules of thumb that existed for many decisions no longer stand up under scrutiny. Careful analysis, as...