Navigate Your Way Through the Career Path Forest
- Julie Littlechild. J. G. // Investment Advisor;May2012, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p46
The article offers information on Julie Littlechild, president and founder of Advisor Impact Inc.
- 'Dynamic Duo' now offering consulting for PFP advisors. Klein, Melissa // Accounting Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p18
Reports on an institutional consulting business formed by financial planners Deena Katz and Harold Evensky in the U.S. Sectors that need consulting services offered by Katz and Evensky; Reasons for the failure of banks and accountants who venture into financial planning; Passion of the couple...
- Asking Clients for Feedback. Ehrenfeld, Temma // Financial Planning;Sep2011, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p24
The article relates the importance of a client feedback to practice management coach Julie Littlechild. Particular focus is given to the use of feedback in identifying unhappy clients. Littlechild places importance on the Meeting Planner which generates an agenda to get deeper results. She shows...
- 20 Ways to Amp Up Your Business Today. Schulaka, Carly; Stafford, Melanie // Journal of Financial Planning;May/Jun2011 Practice Management Sol, p6
The article offers tips from the Financial Planning Association (FPA) Business Solutions 2011 conference that companies might consider to improve their businesses in the U.S. The ways suggested by the participants of the event include embracing technology and social media, focusing on social...
- Getting It Wrong on Referrals. Paikert, Charles // Financial Planning;Jun2013, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p24
The article presents information on Julie Littlechild, chief executive officer (CEO) of Advisor Impact Inc., a finance planning company, according to whom financial advisors needs to think twice before offering a plan to a customer.
- How Are We Doing? Mellan, Olivia // Investment Advisor;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p83
An interview with principal president Julie Littlechild of Advisor Impact Inc. in Toronto, Ontario is presented. She says that they help advisors in soliciting client feedback through customized survey questions and reports, which allow advisors to become more engaged with their clients. She...
- Call and Response. Johnson, Thomas W. // Financial Planning;Nov2001, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p0
Focuses on the financial planning activities in the U.S. after the September 11 terrorist attacks. Actions taken by the Financial Planning Association on the industry's activities after the attacks; Award received by financial planner Deena Katz.
- Engaging Your Clients... // Journal of Financial Planning;May2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on ways to engage clients in the financial services industry. A study was conducted by Advisor Impact to be presented at the Financial Planning Association's Business Solutions Conference on engaged clients of financial advisers. 1,000 clients were surveyed with 33% of...
- Worth cuts planner who voiced criticism. Kutz, Steven // Financial Planning;Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p24
Announces that `Worth' magazine has dropped Deena Katz, a financial planner from its annual list of top advisers. Reason for the move; Comment from `Worth' editor John Koten; Reaction of Katz, a contributing writer for `Financial Planning' magazine.