Celebrate Your Legacy
- Reader Spotcheck. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p29
Presents the results of a survey conducted by the `Journal of Financial Planning' among financial planners in the United States. Percentage of planners who have been hired to provide financial education for an employer; Knowledge level of planners in real estate issues; Confidence in the...
- Tasking the Task Force: When Is a CFPÂ® Certificant a Fiduciary? Thompson, Duane R. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p22
This article addresses issues concerning fiduciary standards in financial planning in the U.S. In a news release, the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board noted that it would be choosing, among members for various standing committees in 2004, volunteers for a task force begun in 2003 to...
- Attention CFPÂ® Certificants. Ritchlin, Lance // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p7
The article discusses the benefits to those who hold the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) credential of joining the Financial Planning Association (FPA). Particular attention is paid to the publication "Journal of Financial Planning," which FPA members receive. Among topics past issues of the...
- Gimme an "F"... Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p27
Talks about the fiduciary responsibility of financial planners for their clients. Definition of fiduciary in "Black's Law Dictionary"; Information on H.R. 1000, also known as the Boehner bill which passed the House in May 2003; Impact of the bill on the financial planning community in the U.S.
- TEN YEARS AGO IN THE JOURNAL. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p21
Presents highlights of the April 1998 issue of the `Journal of Financial Planning.' Prediction that tax rates would climb; Articles focusing on passive losses and estate freezes; Other articles.
- Sign of a Maturing Profession. Tuttle, Marv // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p10
Cites the `Journal of Financial Planning' as a barometer of the financial planning profession's growth. Author's recollection of the jou
- Fiduciary Concerns and Y2K. Shanney-Saborsky, Regina // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1999, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p22
This article looks at the implications of the Year 2000 (Y2K) computer problem for U.S. financial planners' fiduciary responsibilities. While it is difficult, at best, to predict what will occur after December 31, 1999, the Y2K issues are potentially serious since they affect not only the...
- SEC AND THE FIDUCIARY STUDY: THE PROCESS. McBride, Kathleen // Investment Advisor;Mar2011, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p66
The article focuses on the findings of the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) study entitled "Study Regarding Obligations of Brokers, Dealers, and Investment Advisers" mandated in the Dodd-Frank Act in the U.S. The study was designed to determine weather the fiduciary standard should...
- Fiduciary duty to create complexity and costs. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;2/24/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p4
The article focuses on the complexity and costs as some of the implications of using fiduciary duty for the financial planners in Australia.