Army National Guard: Integrated Missions
- Training for Overseas Contingency Operations While Transforming For Persistent Conflict. Miller, Thomas G. // Army Magazine;Oct2009, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p221
The article focuses on the action of the First Army to mobilize, train, validate, and deploy all continental U.S.-based Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve forces to support the operations around the world. It notes that First Army provides training to reserve components (RCs) across a set...
- A Decade of Operational Missions And Organizational Milestones. Carpenter, Raymond W. // Army Magazine;Oct2010, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p109
The article discusses the achievements and operational missions of the U.S. Army National Guard (ARNG). Some of the achievements of ARNG are the transformation of its personnel in quality and quantity, modernization of its equipment and facility, and improvement in its readiness. The service is...
- Army National Guard—A Critical Component Of State and National Defense. Schultz, Roger C. // Army Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p99
Focuses on the role of the U.S. Army National Guard in state and national defense in the U.S. Shift of the agency from a strategic federal reserve to an operational force capable of executing state or federal missions; Provision of ready units in support of numerous overseas missions throughout...
- Identity Crisis. Cahlink, George // Government Executive;Sep2002, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p59
Reports the confusion over the role of the U.S. National Guard. Missions of the National Guard; Composition of the National Guard; Data on the training of the military organization.
- First-Rate Soldiers Serving the Nation. Schultz, Roger C. // Army Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p97
Focuses on the mission of the United States Army National Guard (ARNG). Vision statement of the ARNG; Community and state assistance provided; Support for federal missions and civil matters.
- The Sinai Mission. Bruns, Rebekahmae N. // Soldiers;Mar2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p22
Presents pictures on the participation of the Oregon Army National Guard's 1st Battalion 186th Infantry Regiment in the Multinational Force and Observers mission in the Sinai Peninsula in 2002.
- Integrating an RC Engineer Battalion Into an AC Maneuver Exercise. Jacobus, Todd M. // Engineer;Aug2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on the linking of the war-fighting skills of the 224th Engineer Battalion of the United States Army National Guard with Active Component maneuver units. Overview of the battalion's training plan for 2000; Details of the training preparation; Execution of the training plan; Lessons...
- Summer School for Officers. Haskell, Bob // Soldiers;Apr2002, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the training of U.S. Army National Guard soldiers at the Officer Candidate School of the South Dakota Army National Guard. Requirements for the program; Description on the training period; Views as an officer candidate.
- Star Wars Training for Downrange Action! Lopez, C. Todd // Soldiers;Nov2008, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p16
The article details the mission-readiness exercises provided by the Joint Multinational Readiness Center (JMRC), a part of Europe's Joint Multinational Training Command in Germany. It describes the fire ranges and facilities managed and maintained by the JMRC at the Hohenfels training areas. It...