- Financial Aid in UDC's Future -- Possibly. Dervarics, Charles; St. John, Eric // Black Issues in Higher Education;03/04/99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on a proposal to increase federal funding to the budget of the University of the District of Columbia in Washington, D.C. Bipartisan effort to increase postsecondary options for District of Columbia students; Representative Thomas Davis III's plan to offer residents in-state tuition...
- Historic hospital in Baltimore to close. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;09/27/99, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p19
Unveils the decision of MedStar Health of Columbia, Maryland to shut down Baltimore-based Church Hospital. Advantage of the closure for MedStar; Plans of MedStar; Financial result of Church between 1998 and 1999.
- MedStar Health Lowered by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p2
Reports on the rating of the bonds of MedStar Health Inc.
- Moody's Downgrades MedStar Health. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/09/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31114, p2
Reports on the lowering of the bond rating of MedStar Health Inc.
- Referral Management Made Easy. Basch, Peter // Health Management Technology;Mar2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p26
Offers information on an automated referral management system developed by MedStar Health and its affiliated providers. Objectives behind the effort; Details on its development; Benefits.
- The world of super integration. Pepus, Greg // KM World;Apr2007, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p1
The article reviews the Azyxxi health intelligence software from MedStar Health.
- Maryland's MedStar Health Denies Interest in Purchasing D.C. Hospital. Ackerman, Andrew; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p40
This article reports that the MedStar Health multihospital system of Columbia, Maryland, refuted press reports about alleged plans to purchase Washington, D.C.-based Greater Southeast Community Hospital. The report was published in the "Washington Business Journal" periodical. Health care has...
- MedStar Health Accepts IRS Offer, Will Pay $500,000 Settlement. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;6/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31413, p4
Reports the agreements between MedStar Health and Internal Revenue Service to pay agency's audit of financing bonds acquisitions in Washington. Advantages of the agreement; Issuance of tax exempt debt; Regulations in the acquisitions of finance debt.
- This is a test. Evans, Melanie // Modern Healthcare;11/16/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 46, p6
The article reveals a survey which showed that costly hospital errors are caused by the lack of quality in governance. The study was based on hospital board meeting agenda which failed to show that quality was one of the top two priorities. It describes the efforts of MedStar Health of Columbia,...