Awaiting Word from NBA, Memphis Proceeds to Build Stadium Package
- Memphis Director of Public Works Issues Ultimatum to Inland Waste Solutions. // Solid Waste Report;7/31/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on an ultimatum released by Memphis, Tennessee public works director concerning the settlement of financial liabilities of Inland Waste Solutions. Topics covered include the failure of the firm to manage the trash of households. Also mentioned is the deployment of city...
- PITTSBURGH'S NEW ARENA GETS FINANCIAL PLAN. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/12/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 7, p7
Reports the allocation of budget for the construction of hockey arena by the Sports & Exhibition Authority in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Amount of contributions from the private sources; Formulation of a financing plan.
- Arena Set to Open. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32237, p31
Reports on the scheduled opening of the publicly funded arena in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- After Much Talk, the Orlando Magic Are No Closer to New Arena Funding. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p3
Reports on the debate over the Orlando Magic basketball team's proposal to use a share of the county's tourism tax to pay for renovations at its arena or for the construction of a new arena. Failed meetings between Orange County, Florida and the owners of the National Basketball Association's...
- New Arena Plan Would Rely on Albuquerque Backing Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31887, p6
Reports on the prospect for Albuquerque, New Mexico to back debt for a new multimillion-dollar arena. Provision of two bond issues through the Finance Authority; Requirement for Albuquerque to make debt payments if the revenue streams fell below projections; View of city officials on the...
- Arena Commitment. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p27
Reports that Anschutz Entertainment Group has committed $50 million for a proposed arena in Kansas City, Missouri. Public funds which will be used in the arena's construction.
- KENTUCKY: Arena Plan Moves Forward. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32510, p33
The article reports developments on the planned arena facility in Kentucky. It mentions about the plan of the Louisville Arena Authority (LAA) to hire a construction manager for the facility to oversee the project and help manage construction cost. The project will be funded with $75 million of...
- Charlotte Hornets Answer City's Demand for Data; Talks Continue. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;09/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30986, p3
Reports on Charlotte, North Carolina's plan to continue with negotiations with the National Basketball Association's Charlotte Hornets, over a new arena for the team. Construction cost; Information submitted by the team to Charlotte officials.
- Dipping into the public pool. Blank, Christine // Hotel & Motel Management;11/20/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 20, p3
Focuses on the proposal to use hotel bed tax funds for the construction of a basketball arena in Orlando, Florida. Opposition of hotel owners and managers to the proposal; Plans of the National Basketball Association to renovate TD Waterhouse Center; Estimates for construction costs.