Panel: Retail Investors Not Embracing Online Muni Trading
- Merits outweigh rage. Ashton, Marc // Finweek;10/28/2010, p76
The article presents the advantages and disadvantages of using an online system for buying and selling exchange traded funds (ETFs). It explains that apart from the access it offers without having a stockbroking account, the online platform is also inexpensive and it provides efficient reporting...
- Asset Services: Traders turn to Swiss army knife solution. Walker, Rupert // Asian Investor;Jul2014, p1
The article offers information on computer system multi-asset electronic trading platform to regulate transactions from over-the-counter (OTC). Topics discussed include use of advanced equity funds algorithmic technologies by banks for trading and financial instruments, need of the investors to...
- Pacific Exchange Taps Computershare for Options Platform. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;07/24/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p4
Reports the deal between Pacific Exchange and Computershare to develop an electronic trading system for securities in the United States. Impact of the deal on the stock market; Changes in Computershare automated options and derivatives trading system; Installation of equities trading system in...
- MSRB: TAKING STEPS TO EMBRACE MART'S ELECTRONIC FUTURE. // Securities Industry News;10/09/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p3
Reports the release of rules for market practices and dealer responsibilities concerning the electronic trading system in the United States. Dependence of dealer transactions on the nature of the customer; Mechanisms for efficient transactions; Disclosure obligations of the dealers; Impact of...
- Electronic trading in wholesale financial markets: its wider impact and policy issues. Allen, Helen; Hawkins, John // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Spring2002, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p50
Examines the impact of electronic trading in wholesale financial markets in Great Britain. Adoption of the trading system; Fragmentation of the trading arrangements; Effects of transparency. INSETS: Electronic trading.;Transparency.;Network economics effects..
- Getting executed. Chatzky, Jean Sherman // Money;Oct98, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p240
Looks at the problems in electronic trading of stocks. The delay in orders being placed and filled; Amount of money one trader lost; How to avoid the problem.
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's New York Business;3/18/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p0027
A correction to an article about New York's share of global electronic trading volume that was published in the March 11, 2013 issue is presented.
- Conflict of the century. Kennedy, Cathie // Australian Personal Computer;May98, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p54
Opinion. Focuses on the revolutionising of our personal and professional lives with the assistance of the Electronic Communication network. Information on Electronic communication; Participation from several organisations; Benefits of the network.
- Thankless task. Teague, Solomon // FinanceAsia;May2012, p48
The article discusses that the lack of coherence in the regulatory systems in Asia is affecting the electronic trading community. It states that the problemfor regulators is that they are not able to cope up with changing technology. It states that inconsistency is another problem among...