Prices Drop 5/8 to 1 Point on Consumer Confidence; MOB Spread to Positive 83
- Consumer confidence prompts price jitters. Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;01/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30302, p2
Reports on the effects of surging consumer confidence on the prices of government securities in the United States. Results of securities trading on December 30, 1997.
- Strong consumer confidence data saps prices. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;07/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30191, p2
Reports on the decline in prices of Treasury securities on July 18, 1997 due to strong consumer confidence. Yields of thirty-year, ten-year, five-year and two-year notes; Profit-taking by some traders.
- OUTLOOK FOR NORTH AMERICAN FINANCIAL MARKETS. Mendelsohn, Joshua; Jones, Derek // CIBC Observations;Apr/May2001, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p2
Focuses on developments related to financial markets of North America as of May 2001. Increase in treasury bond yields in the United States; Effect of employment declines and equity valuation on consumer confidence; Forecasts of the Bank of Canada on the economic growth of the country.
- Municipals Track Narrow Range In Quiet Post-Holiday Trading. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31149, p2
Focuses on bond prices in the United States as of May 2001. Rise of consumer confidence; Ranges of serial bonds yields offered to investors; Effect of economic uncertainty on treasury bonds.
- Munis Weaker Ahead of Fed Rate Announcement. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32906, p2
The article reports on the weak performance of the U.S. municipal market as of June 24, 2008. It showed a slightly weaker performance in light trading but is ahead of the interest rate as announced by the Federal Reserve. The municipal bonds declined compared to Treasuries and the ratio between...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, June 27. // Bond Buyer;06/28/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30922, p2
Summarizes highlights of the United States bond market on June 27, 2000, as well as related economic indicators. Consumer confidence index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; 30-day visible supply; Standard & Poor's Blue List.
- Munis Slightly Firmer With Lower Yields. Scarchilli, Michael; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/29/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32702, p2
The article presents information on the municipal market in the U.S. The municipal market remained slightly firmer on August 28, 2007 with yields lower by two or three basis points. The yield on the benchmark 10-year treasury note was opened at 4.57 percent in the treasury market. Economic data...
- Munis Flat to Firmer on Benign Data, Inflation Talk. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/19/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32301, p2
The article reports on the outlook of the municipal bonds in the Treasury market in the U.S. The comments from Federal Reserve officials have invoked inflation concerns despite the flat consumer price data in December. The Department of Labor has also disclosed that the consumer price index...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, March 30. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p2
Reports on the performance of the government bonds market as of March 30, 2004. Consumer confidence index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.