Calif. to Sell $12.5 Billion By November
- Rating Delay Looms Over Calif. Sale. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31205, p1
Reports on the delay in the assignment of rating to the California Department of Water Resources' (DWR) planned power revenue bond offering. Legal impediments to the revenue bond sale; Objections to the bond rate agreement proposed between the California Public Utilities Commission and DWR.
- Structure could aid California water bonds. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;07/30/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30198, p2
Focuses on the structure for the California Department of Water Resources' water system revenue bonds for the Central Valley project. Senior manager PaineWebber Inc.'s plans to price the issue in the negotiated sector of the primary market; Expected ratings from Moody's Investors Service and...
- Buyers of California DWR Bonds Get the Last Laugh on Prices. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p6
Reports on the status of revenue bonds used in resolving the power crisis of the California Department of Water Resources. Improvements in the bond's credit quality; Advantage gained by investors involved in the deal; Rating granted to the bonds by several rating agencies.
- California Signs Energy Contracts, But Serious Questions About Future Remain. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;03/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31092, p34
Reports that the California Department of Water Resources has secured 40 long-term contracts to buy power to help alleviate its energy crisis. Contracts signed with power generators; Overall price that the state pays for power.
- Calif. water agencies get water-saving funds. // Contractor Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p44
Reports on the state bond funding received by the California Friendly, a water conservation program, from the California Department of Water Resources in 2005. Amount of the state bond funds; Purpose of the program; Provisions of the Proposition 50 grant cycle of the Department of Water Resources.
- DWR Disclosure Dealings. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31531, p1
Reports on the provisions for disclosure and availability of financial information about the state's energy industry and power purchase program from the California Department of Water Resources (DWR). Disclosure plan for financial statements by DWR to its investors; Investment grade ratings for...
- California Energy Crisis Likely to Mean Big Money to Three Firms in Trio of Deals: 'An underwriter's dream' looms for Goldman, Lehman and J.P. Morgan Chase. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/2/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 13, pN.PAG
Focuses on the California energy crisis and its effect on companies. Companies to benefit from the California energy crisis; Amount of the bond deals expected from the settlement between the California government and California Department of Water Resources; Deal for the finance and purchase of...
- Fitch: Calpine Corp. Collapse Wouldn't Hurt Public Power. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;12/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32271, p38
The article focuses on the consequences of Calpine Corp.'s collapse on public power credits. Though power-generating firm Calpine goes all the way down the tubes, public power credits, including the California Department of Water Resources, are not facing significant exposure. Calpine has...
- AES, California End Power Talks Over Huntington Beach Plant. Lyster, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;7/2/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p8
Reports on the decision of the California Department of Water Resources to end talks to buy power from two Huntington Beach power units of AES Corp.