Nevada Bets on Power Plants, Budget Cuts for Next Few Years
- Nevada joins international tourism effort. Kolk, Kristina // Las Vegas Business Press;4/22/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p12
Reports the participation of the Nevada Commission on Tourism in the tourism building efforts of the U.S. Commerce Department. Intention of increasing visitors to the state; Rank of Nevada in the nation for domestic and international travelers.
- NEVADA. G. A. // American Prospect;Mar2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, pA13
The article reports on the economic conditions of Nevada, in which gambling and tourism revenues decline sharply and budget deficit decreased due to raising taxes, cuts in social services, education and government workers' salaries.
- Economic diversity again a topic of discussion. O'Reiley, Tim // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/1/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 31, pP13
The article discusses the efforts of the state of Nevada in diversifying its economy which relies heavily on gaming, tourism and construction.
- Long shadow of history. Rademacher, Kevin // Las Vegas Business Press;8/12/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p4
Views on the economic development in Nevada. Role of technology in transforming the economic landscape; Control of the local gaming and tourism market; Expansion of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Searching for success. Rademacher, Kevin // Las Vegas Business Press;01/21/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the economic conditions in Nevada. Decline in tourist trade; Accounts on the strategic planning of Office Plus founder Trace Marrs to fight the sluggish economy; Plans of government official to keep the economy afloat.
- Progress stalls amid economic ups and downs. // Las Vegas Business Press;06/24/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p4
Editorial. Comments on the economic recovery in Las Vegas, Nevada. Increase number of flights among the airline companies; Expansion plans of the major casinos; Alleviation of the tourism industry.
- Booms can be deceiving, issues loom. // Las Vegas Business Press;3/3/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p4
Editorial. Comments on the economic condition in Nevada. Level of gaming revenue; Increase in construction defect insurance rates; Promotional efforts of the tourism community.
- SCUTTLEBUTT. Smith, Rod // Las Vegas Business Press;9/24/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p3
Reports on economic developments in Nevada, as of September 24, 2001. Effects of the decline in tourist arrivals on resorts; Home prices in the state; Survey on popular shopping destinations.
- Economy staggering as tourism fades. King, Pat // Las Vegas Business Press;9/24/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p13
Reports on the impact of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack in the United States on Nevada's economy. Effects on local tourism; Movement of key economic indicators in the state after the event.