MSRB to Update Its Rule G-17 on Fair Dealing in New Notice on SMP Concept
- NFMA to Increase Efforts to Improve Disclosure, New Chair Says. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;2/10/2015, Vol. 1, p1
The National Federation of Municipal Analysts is preparing to push home its pro-disclosure message this year with a series of new educational papers and efforts to be even more collaborative, new NFMA board chair Jennifer Johnston said.
- NFMA Issues Bank Loan Paper. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;3/4/2015, Vol. 1, p1
The National Federation of Municipal Analysts has released a paper on best practices in disclosure for bank loans, an opaque segment of the municipal debt market that is getting increased attention from regulators.
- NFMA to Ramp Up Disclosure Guidance Efforts. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;2/24/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34064, p1
The article informs that the National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) is planning to publish new guidance on general obligation bonds, as of February 25, 2014. It discusses the priorities and plans of NFMA chair Susan Dushock. Topics discussed include career of Dushock, the electronic...
- Health Care Credits Urged To Disclose. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p1
Reports on the topics discussed at a disclosure forum sponsored by the U.S. National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Focus on the disclosure practices proposed for health care credits; Participation from the Securities and Exchange...
- Forum on Health Care Debt Set for April . // Bond Buyer;3/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31341, p4
Reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, the National Federation of Municipal Analysts and the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission will hold a forum in Washington D.C. on April 11, 2002 on disclosure issues for nursing home and other long-term care debt. Focus of the...
- NFMA Posts Guidelines For Hospitals. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;08/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30953, p1
Reports on the guidelines released by the National Federation of Municipal Analysts. Need for hospital officials to issue quarterly and annual financial reports to investors; Improvement of information flow in the municipal bond market.
- NFMA Complains to SEC While MAGNY Quizzes Members. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31124, p4
Reports on the concerns of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts concerning the municipal disclosure system in the United States. Possible changes in bond opinions; Tax enforcement of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Issuers told to heed NFMA's position on yield burning. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30483, p1
Reports on the National Federation of Municipal Analysts' call for municipal issuers to disclose notices from the United States Internal Revenue Service about potential yield-burning abuses, including preliminary notifications that their bonds are under investigation. Conflict over whether...
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;1/5/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33643, p5
The article offers information on several municipal bond-related activities from January 2012 to April 2012 including the 2012 New York State IDA Section Conference, Intro Bond Finance Course, and 29th annual conference from the National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA).