Denver Attorneys Move to Scuttle Referendum on Hotel Sale
- Groups Talk Strategy for N.Y.'s $2.9B Transportation GO Deal. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32918, p36
Reports on the meeting of about 60 people representing a coalition of groups and firms who support passage of the general obligation bond referendum in New York. Aim of the gathering to discuss strategy for the campaign; Efforts of the individuals to organize a support campaign to boost the odds...
- Alabama voters have $200 million of bond proposals waiting on the ballot. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/19/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30460, p23
Announces Alabama Secretary of State Jim Bennett's approval of a November 3, 1998 ballot for nearly $200 million of state bonds with five referendums. Background on the bond referendums; Bonds in question; Implications of voters' approval of the measure; Sole revenue debt on the ballot.
- Voters Pull Plug on Film Debt. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33712, p1
The article reports that Allen Park, Michigan residents have defeated the bond referendum that would allow Detroit, Michigan to pay its debts on a failed film studio development.
- VOTERS IN MANY STATES EMBRACE CONSTRUCTION BOND ISSUES. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/20/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 20, p13
Focuses on the support of voters for construction-related bond issues and ballot initiatives in the United States. Number of ballot initiative approved by Rhode Island voters; Approval of Houston voters of a plan for public financial involvement in the construction of a basketball arena;...
- VIRGINIA: Bid to Lift Rainy-Day Fund. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;10/28/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33407, p9
The article reports on the referendum conducted by the state government to seek voters' approval to increase the maximum size of rainy-day fund in Virginia.
- Stafford County, Va., Board May Ask Voters for GOs to Buy Parkland. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31949, p5
Reports that officials of Stafford County, Virginia, are considering holding a referendum in November 2004 to ask voters to approve selling general obligation bonds in order to purchase parkland. Plan for the county's board of supervisors to draft a resolution at its meeting on August 17, 2004,...
- Colorado Official: Tax Referendum Must Wait. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p5
Focuses on a tax referendum on back bonds to finance mass transit projects in Colorado. Omission of a clause in legislation passed at the 2002 legislative session allowing immediate implementation of the law; Chances for the referendum to become a law; Efforts of the Regional Transportation...
- Maine's Partisan Divide on Debt Could Derail Special Session. Haislip, Alexander H. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p45
Reports that Maine Treasurer Dale McCormack does not believe that the bond ballot battle in 2004 will impact the volume of state general obligation bonds sold in 2005. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on public finance and the bond market.
- Age, Race, Self-Interest, and Financing Public Schools Through Referenda. Tedin, Kent L.; Matland, Richard E.; Weiher, Gregory R. // Journal of Politics;Feb2001, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p270
Using a sample of 628 white, black, and Hispanic voters in a large urban school district, we test a series of hypotheses about voting in a school bond election. We find that there is a core of similar results across racial/ethnic groups. All three groups show strong, directly measured,...