Bill Would OK Tax-Exempts for Private Companies
- Toll Bonds, P3s May Be Used in Bi-State Bridge Project. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/22/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33437, p3
The article reports on the approval of the updated Federal Highway Administration (FHA) plan, to use tax-exempt toll revenue bonds and public-private partnerships to fund the construction of the Louisville-Southern Indiana Ohio River Bridge worth 4.1 billion dollars, by the Louisville and...
- Moody's Sees More Munis Alongside P3s as Transportation Needs Expand. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/15/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32651, p5
The article reports on the data released by Moody's Investors Service, revealing that soaring transportation needs will drive state and local governments to use public-private partnerships (P3) Inc. to build new toll roads, but will also spur increased tax-exempt bond financing that could lead...
- Public-Private Route Being Used for Water Projects. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31872, p4
Reports on the expansion of drinking water supplies in the U.S. Consideration of desalination as an attractive option; Contribution of public-private partnerships in funding the projects; Call of Texas governor Rick Perry for Congress to restore the ability of private firms to benefit from...
- Hello Columbus: Ohio cities mull tax-exempt pension deals. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;04/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30382, p38
Reports on the plan of Ohio cities to issue tax-exempt bonds totaling $215.5 million. Release of a tax court ruling that the city of Columbus may issue tax-exempt bonds; Speculation of the Internal Revenue Service's appeal of the tax court decision; Bond issues and purposes in the Middle West.
- Panel OKs P3, Attorney Selection Recommended Practices. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32803, p5
The article reports on the approval of the recommended practices on public-private partnerships and the selection of bond attorneys by the debt committee of the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) in the U.S. The committee also approved a public policy supporting law that would permit...
- Private-activity bonds. // Practical Accountant;Mar97, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p20
Announces the issuance by the US Internal Revenue Service of final regulations that define private-activity bonds applicable to tax-exempt bonds issued by state and local governments.
- Guam Representative Urges Pooled Bond Bank for Territories. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32331, p6
The article reports on Guam representative Madeleine Z. Bordallo's testimony before the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. Bordallo claims that U.S. territories should be allowed to form a tax-exempt bond bank to overcome obstacles in gaining access to capital. She adds that...
- Wichita Water Walk. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31710, p35
Reports on the financial problems being faced by the public-private partnership project to develop a $130 million river walk on the east bank of the Arkansas River in Wichita, Kansas. Refusal of the city to give more funds demanded by private developers of the project.
- Vizag Confident On PPPs. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Apr2010, p18
The article reports on the plan of the Port of Visakhaptnam (Vizag), run by Visakhapatnam Port Trust, to search for public-private partnerships (PPPs) to strengthen its capacity with six projects that involve an investment of 270 million dollars already approved in India.