Wealthy Chicago Suburban School District Downgraded
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31381, p33
Reports developments related to bond packages as of May 2002 in the U.S. Influence of election outcome to bond registration; Proposal to establish system regional high schools; Legislation session to finance transportation and education; Details on the sale of tax revenue anticipation notes.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p18
Presents results of negotiated sales as of November 14, 2001. General Obligation Bonds for Mountain View-Whisman School District purchased through Surto & Co. Inc.; Refunding and Improvement Revenue Bonds for Coloraso Health Facilities Authority; Taxable bond issues.
- Texas' Bexar County Delays $103M Sale Until After Labor Day. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/26/2008, Vol. 265 Issue 32948, p5
The article announces the postponement of Bexar County, Texas' $103 million authorized venue-tax revenue bonds until the week ending September 6, 2008. The county decided to wait for the pricing with wrapping of rating reports and a tax revenue analysis. It notes that venue tax is levied on...
- Oklahoma Governor Makes Local Bond Issues Less Taxing. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p4
Reports that Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating has signed a law that will exempt local bond issues from state income taxes. List of agencies benefiting from the law; Factors blamed for the delay in its passage; Difficulties in quantifying the amount of foregone tax revenue.
- Washington Schools Get Thumbs Up on Referendums to the Tune of $221 Million. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that several school districts in Washington are headed for approval for the sale of general obligation bonds. Total value of bonds that are waiting for approval; School bond measures which are approved in the year 2001; Approval won by the Auburn School District.
- Denver's Aurora Public Schools to Fund Intial Face-lift with $150M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p49
Reports on the plans of Aurora Public Schools to issue $150 million general obligation bonds in the United States. Underwriters of the deal; Ratings of the bond issue; Reference to bonds sold by the Schools since 1984.
- Buffalo, N.Y., Schools to Sell $185M. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/9/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31715, p1
Reports on plans of New York-based Buffalo City School District to sell $185 million in insured 20-year-revenue bonds to finance school facility projects in the western New York city. Approach towards school financing approved in the Buffalo Schools Act; Reasons behind the enactment of Buffalo...
- Pittsburgh School District to Sell $39 Million, With More to Come. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p5
Reports on the marketing of general obligation bonds by Pittsburgh School District in Pennsylvania. Increase in education spending; Construction of elementary school; Removal of pyrite from the foundation of a high school building.
- School Successes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p31
Reports on the approval of bond issues among the voters in two independent school districts in Houston, Texas.