Regulators Join Debate Over Opinions
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;12/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32525, p38
The article presents updates of various legislation related to bonds in the U.S. Congress. The Hurricane Katrina Tax Relief Act of 2005, which offers to ease the use of single-family mortgage revenue bonds in disaster impact areas, has been signed into law. The Fiscal 2006 Tax Reconciliation Act...
- EZFBs Stay Tax-Exempt After Sale of Business, IRS Determines. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/5/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33034, p5
The article reports on the claim of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that some tax-exempt enterprise zone facility bonds which are provided to fund the construction of a business within a zone will remain tax-exempt even if the facility is sold to another buyer to operate it after its...
- Munis Mostly Flat, See Light Activity. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/14/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 18, p10
The article offers information on the sideline activities that are evident in municipal market to deal with various issues such as natural disasters, and to obtain tax-exempted bonds. It states that the earnings that are gained from the said activity will be utilized to pay storm-related losses...
- Guidance on tax-exempt bonds issued. // Practical Accountant;Jun94, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p21
Reports that final, temporary (TD 8538) and proposed regs (FI-7-94) have been issued on arbitrage restrictions on tax-exempt bonds.
- Freed's approved for BFA bonds. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/24/96, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p34
Reports that the state Business Finance Authority has given final approval for tax-exempt bonds to Freed's Bakery in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Columbus readies pension bond sale after IRS fails to appeal tax ruling. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;07/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30430, p30
Focuses on the scheduled sale of tax-exempt pension bonds by Columbus, Ohio after a four-year legal battle with the US Internal Revenue Service. Total worth of bonds to be sold by the city; Features of the ruling in the case; Implications of the ruling for other cities issuing bonds in Ohio.
- Wage data could provide direction. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;07/30/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30446, p1
Focuses on the sluggishness of trading results for tax exempt mortgage bonds in the United States on July 29, 1998. Top yield recorded by bonds from Financial Security Assurance; Spread between two-year notes and 30-year bond government bonds.
- `Prepayment boom' may hold investors back from mortgage revenue bonds. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;09/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30475, p7
Details findings of a report, entitled `The Prepayment Boom Arrives,' which shows an increase in prepayments on tax-exempt, single-family mortgage revenue bonds in the United States. Risk factors involved in prepayment activity; Comments of Merrill Lynch & Co. analyst Kurt van Kuller on factors...
- NEW YORK. // Bond Buyer;10/3/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33592, p9
The article reports on the 739 million dollars of tax-exempt and tax new money that was sold by New York City (N.Y.C.) on September 2011, as well as on the general obligations bond it has reoffered.