Belting Out the Boost
- Eaton downsizes 'chargers. // Ward's Auto World;Nov96, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p74
Presents a photograph of Eaton Corp.'s superchargers showing physical reductions. M90 supercharger fitted for the General Motors Corp. 3800 Series II V-6 engine; M62 supercharger for Mercedes-Benz AG's Kompressor four-cylinder engine for the SLK Roadster; M16 supercharger for an engine with...
- Eaton Introduces New Supercharger. // Automotive Design & Production;Nov2015, Vol. 127 Issue 11, p18
The article evaluates the TVS2 supercharger developed by Eaton Corp. PLC for improved fuel economy and performance of automobile engines.
- SAVING POUNDS WITH PLASTIC-METAL HYBRIDS. Peterson, Zachary // Automotive Design & Production;Mar2014, Vol. 126 Issue 3, p28
The article focuses on the efforts of power management company Eaton to find ways to save weight by using a combination of plastics and metal to form hybrid structures for differential parts of automobiles. It discusses the features of Eaton's prototype differential casing that is made from...
- Borg to challenge Eaton. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News Europe;08/28/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p3
Focuses on the plan of BorgWarner Inc. to expand its production in the automotive supercharger market. Challenge posed by the firm to Eaton Corp.; Information on automobile superchargers.
- EATON'S APPROACH TO IMPROVING POWERTRAIN PERFORMANCE. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 125 Issue 1, p34
The article focuses on the approach made by Eaton Corp. Vehicle Group to improve the performance and fuel efficiency of vehicles. According to Grant Terry, Business Development Manager of Eaton Corp., original equipment manufacturers (OEM) must be familiar with the benefits of the...
- Can't Beat 'Em? Join 'Em. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Oct2005, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on the integration of automobile turbochargers and superchargers into the SuperTurbo Compounding system developed by Eaton Corp. Capabilities of turbochargers; Use of the combined technologies in the 2006 Volkswagen Golf GT automobile; Fuel economy of the device.
- BorgWarner chases Eaton's lock on superchargers. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;8/21/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5889, p4
Focuses on the strategy of Chicago, Illinois-based powertrain-parts supplier BorgWarner Automotive Inc. to penetrate the supercharger sector of the global car market. Description of a supercharger; Competition posed by Eaton; Comparison of market share of superchargers and turbochargers.
- Turbos, Blowers and Real MPG. McELROY, JOHN // Ward's Auto World;May2013, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p18
The author discusses aspects of the market of turbochargers in the automobile industry. The author states that the market of turbochargers is improving, therefore automobile manufacturers are encouraging more suppliers ton enter the business. He mentions that Eaton company is the only business...
- Eaton's Supercharger Prospects Boosted. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Nov2008, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p26
The article discusses Eaton Corp.'s plan to increase supercharger production by 80% through 2010. The entry notes that Eaton Corp.'s production program will involve Twin Vortices Series (TVS) superchargers for five of seven original equipment manufacturers (OEM). The section cites that Eaton...
- INSIDE STORY ON. . . SUPERCHARGER PARTNERSHIP. Murray, Charles J. // Design News;10/2/89, Vol. 45 Issue 19, p96
When the superchargers first made its reappearance in 1989 after a 22-year hiatus in American-made cars, it might not have seemed earthshaking news for mature drivers. But if drivers first assumed the new supercharger was an aftermarket toy, they quickly found otherwise. Shortly after it...