Is Less More?
- Achieving Quality ROI Across the Supply Chain. Rockstroh, Jerry // Quality;Jun2002, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p54
Reports on a Web-based supply chain collaboration system used by automotive component and systems supplier Garrett Engine Boosting Systems. Garrett's advantage in using the system; Garrett's response to the challenge of customer requirements for highly customized products at lower costs;...
- WILL DIESELS SHAKE OFF A BAD IMAGE? Whitfield, Kermit E. // Automotive Design & Production;Nov2001, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p31
Provides information on the challenge faced by Garrett Engine Boosting Systems, a company which produces turbochargers for diesel engines, and the diesel industry in changing the image of diesel in the minds of the U.S. public. Projected diesel penetration rates in Europe; Factor which...
- Point-Of-Use Dispensing System Helps Shop Manage Supplies. // Modern Machine Shop;Dec2002, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p116
Discusses the benefits of the Supply Bay point-of-use dispensing system from SupplyPro Inc. to the operations of Garrett Engine Boosting Systems. Background on Garrett Engine; Information on how the system works; Estimated savings of the company since it started using the system.
- Downsizing to Perfection. ZOIA, DAVID E. // Ward's Auto World;Oct2013, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p9
The article offers information on the new 1.8 version of direct-injected turbocharged EA888 four-cylinder engine from automobile manufacturer Volkswagen.
- Turbochargers that save gas. Chew, Edmund // Automotive News;11/17/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 6067, p22f
The pressure to achieve fuel economy gains is pushing car-makers to downsize gasoline-powered engines and add variable geometry turbochargers, particularly in Europe and Japan. Leading turbocharger suppliers, who already provide variable geometry turbochargers to high-end sporty diesels, expect...
- Project 7.3L Work Truck Part 8. TOBIN, CHRIS // Diesel World;Jan2015, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p30
The article offers step-by-step instructions for the 2003 Ford 7.3L Power Stroke work truck project with emphasis on the upgrade of its turbocharger in La Vergne, Tennesee.
- Turbocharged Renaissance. VOELCKER, JOHN // Discover;Nov2012, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p17
The article discusses turbocharged engines and the advances in turbo-power technology, which includes a diagram illustrating how the turbocharged engine works.
- ASK MIKE. // Evo;Oct2015, Issue 213, p26
The article provides an answer to a question of why turbochargers are more popular as compared to superchargers for automobile engines.
- How it works. Weernink, Wim Oude // Automotive News Europe;10/3/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p13
Presents information on the operation of automobile turbochargers. Difference between the technology and superchargers; Benefits of the addition of intercoolers or cooling systems in automobile engines; Capabilities of variable turbochargers.